Post by immortality »

Cheers mate.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

Just Curious as ive only just come across this issue now, But on the non Flash VX and VY PCMs, You have the ability to check the box for a DTC92 low speed fan req when running a PCM standalone without the BCM.
Now with the VX and VY flash based PCMs it doesn't have that flag, and i was wondering do those PCMs set a FAN ON as soon as ignitions on when missing the BCM like the VT etc.

Reason being is ive got a guy with a VX eco in a Hilux, re flashed it to suit a manual but he is getting a key on fan on which is normal of a DTC 92 when running without BCM. Done plenty in past and ive never had one come back with the fan on that i can remember?

(VATS all ready off)
The1

Post by The1 »

i never put it in as i think i found it was already off on flash pcm's from what i remember, do you have a scantool to verify if that DTC is active? If it is i can revisit.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:i never put it in as i think i found it was already off on flash pcm's from what i remember, do you have a scantool to verify if that DTC is active? If it is i can revisit.
The auto sparky does, but won’t connect as I think it’s polling for bcm heartbeat before allowing comms to pcm? I could get him to rig up the CE to flash out the codes.

That’s what I thought was a bit strange as I don’t ever think it’s been a problem in the past.
The1

Post by The1 »

Are you able to try this? The original location had it off but this one has it on, there's 2 locations in most bins one for the CEL and one for DTC Disable. Hopefully this is DTC Disable.
Attachments
VX_V6_$BD_Enhanced_v0.9g.xdf
(294.94 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

I'll load that up and throw it on an ecu and send to him to see if thats the issue :)

Thanks Nigel
AgedFast

Post by AgedFast »

I've just flashed my VY NA V6 with this and I'm not sure if the stock tune just needed a touch up but wow I can feel a difference.

I have one question though, have I disabled DFCO correctly?
Attachments
DFCO.PNG
DFCO.PNG (23.48 KiB) Viewed 7355 times
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Normally all you need to do is increase the ECT to the maximum to disable so you have well and truly disabled it.

Not sure why you want to though?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

AgedFast wrote:I've just flashed my VY NA V6 with this and I'm not sure if the stock tune just needed a touch up but wow I can feel a difference.

I have one question though, have I disabled DFCO correctly?
You can do it that way, but normally just lifting the coolant temp to 151 degrees will stop dfco from being active. It can't meet that threshold therefore will never activate whilst under it.
AgedFast

Post by AgedFast »

Thanks, I'm still learning so didn't know if it was a "any of these conditions" type situation :lol:

Building a burnout car and trying to work out exhaust crackle and lumpy idle.