VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by hsv08 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:There's a flag for both STFT & LTFT but just not named that so long as they are defined!

On the vt v8 xdf there is only 5 flags. Three for manual flags. 1 for vats. And one for something else iirc.
Could I ask if those 2 flags can be defined The1?
Thanks. :)
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

sorry said flag's but meant scalars, I will have a look today if I get the chance.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Cool thanks mate. :)
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I did spend an hour or so on looking into it but because the xdf has holes in it everywhere & I don't have any excel sheets for that code I can't locate it too quickly!

I know it's just after the O2 sensor info but that's not mapped out either!

I think there may be a flag for stft/open loop but yeah without more info I can't put them in just yet sorry!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:I did spend an hour or so on looking into it but because the xdf has holes in it everywhere & I don't have any excel sheets for that code I can't locate it too quickly!

I know it's just after the O2 sensor info but that's not mapped out either!

I think there may be a flag for stft/open loop but yeah without more info I can't put them in just yet sorry!
Thanks mate. I ended up comparing the vt and vs v8 xdfs together and all the O2 scalers in the vs xdf lined up perfect for the vt one
So now have added some scalers and managed to turn off the stft by raising the O2 warm temp threshold and lifting the cold timer to 80 something hours.
I know that the roller motor vs PCM was similiR to the vt.
But that it lines up better then the vt v6 PCM had me intrigued.
Thanks for your time looking it over.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I didn't think the VS ever had a roller motor only the VT or are you referring to the S3 utes etc which were the VT running gear ?
The1

Post by The1 »

should be just BLM coolant scalar for long term and closed loop coolant scalar for short term, ill add them in officially, yes alot of stuff is similar to the VT, as far as disabling o2's there's only a flags to disable one side.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Holden202T wrote:I didn't think the VS ever had a roller motor only the VT or are you referring to the S3 utes etc which were the VT running gear ?
Sorry. Yes just the vs series 3 that ran the same vt maf roller motors :)
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:should be just BLM coolant scalar for long term and closed loop coolant scalar for short term, ill add them in officially, yes alot of stuff is similar to the VT, as far as disabling o2's there's only a flags to disable one side.
No worries thanks mate. I copied over majority of the vs scalers for the closed loop settings into the vt xdf. all seem to work as should.
No more climbing underneath to undo both sensor harnesses and also get to retain o2 sensor readings as a backup.
I raised the "timer for warm temp threshold" to 161 so pcm doesnt use warm temp settings, but also raised "timer value - cold" to 65535 seconds so pcm doesnt apply fuel offsets after it times out and before it gets to the 85*d threshold for warm o2 settings.

Working well so now i can soley rely on the wideband error vs maf frequency to ball park maf.
Cheers guys
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Im new to flash ecu's and a few questions will be coming.
If VX and VY run the same ecu, can a VX run VY code?

Also to get the enhanced bin onto the flash ecu will be my next task after I read up on the process with flash tool.
Any tips for new players?