VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
delcowizzid

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by delcowizzid »

Should just work .what version of the oseplugin do you have .you could try logging with tunerpro I/O instead of the plugin and see if it connects to log.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:Should just work .what version of the oseplugin do you have .you could try logging with tunerpro I/O instead of the plugin and see if it connects to log.
I just updated the OSE plug in and happy days :thumbup:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Good stuff now go chasing torque and hp
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Been going over logs of my vy v6. I’ve noticed the coolant temp never goes above 77-80deg even though we’ve had 30+ deg days lately. I know that the low speed fan is stuck on while logging but is that normal? Would of thought that the thermostat would hold the temp at or closer to op temp even with the fan on
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Seems fairly typical, our VX seems to sit at about 80° C with a 82°C thermostat fitted. Low speed fan also stays on with the AC, our engine temps stays consistent unless stopped for a fair while or stuck in slow moving traffic where you also tend to get a lot of hot air from the vehicles in front.

I wish there was a thermostat between the 82°C and the stock 91°C, I'm considering going back to the 91°C unit but drilling a hole in it so the operating temp is maybe in the mid 80's.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

It’s a brand new stock 92deg thermostat. Just would of thought it would be up around that temp even with the fan on
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah that's not quiet right then. I'd expect to see operating temp to be within a degree or 2 of thermostat temp.

I thought our car had a 82°C thermostat fitted when we bought it and it was running at a similar temp to what you're seeing but when I pulled it out it was a 91°C thermostat :(
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its probably best to start a new thread about this if there is more to say, keep this one on topic for the enhanced bins. The forums would be alerting people to new posts who have subscribed to the thread for enhanced bin releases.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Yeah that's not quiet right then. I'd expect to see operating temp to be within a degree or 2 of thermostat temp.

I thought our car had a 82°C thermostat fitted when we bought it and it was running at a similar temp to what you're seeing but when I pulled it out it was a 91°C thermostat :(
let me guess, tridon?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Brillo

Post by Brillo »

Hi guys, after lurking through the forum for sometime now and getting some help and gear from some really great members here and having heard a lot of people say that it is hard to tune maf pcm's, I thought I might attempt to give a little bit back and share how I use the enhanced mod and how easy it really is!
First I will assume you have read every thing the one has posted about the enhanced mod, have downloaded the maf and injector multiplier tuning tables have no mechanical or electrical problems and have a wideband. Firstly I start in the scalars tab by putting in the correct size for my injectors and turn off lean cruise, blm and dfco, I then move to the tables tab and zero out the injector rate constant vs mg table I then make sure my 02 sensors are disconnected , my timing maps are conservative and apply to bin, next using the attached def file I open the maf error table in tuner pro and check there are no blm or stft's being applied and use the %error and apply it to the whole maf curve using the maf spreadsheet and making changes through the maf complete offset divider and tables only. Be sure to check for errors in the spreadsheet and if there is it is due to a hex value of over 255 (made me bonkers till I saw it! :comp: ) always double check the mass flow tables against the spreadsheet! after that is applied I restart the car get to operating temp check that the iac steps are around 60 if not adjust or with cammed cars I will sometimes drill a hole I the t/b blade (start with a small drill bit!) to get to my 60 steps, I then start steady state tuning on the maf error table up to around 4k ( I'm to chicken to go to 7k :shock: ) and if it isn't leaning out I will save the log and start full throttle pulls and only use corrections starting at the highest freq of the first log and I ignore anything under this from the second log, always check that the maf doesn't peg out at 5 volts and there is sufficient head room left which is important when tuning above sea level, if it is leaning out I observe the trend and apply the changes and then start full throttle, I always check the maf curve on the graph to see any anomalies, with corrections applied from the first 2 logs I then use the afr correction vs target table and drive the car through all the conditions it will see on the road normally I find the best results from taking a few logs and then playing them over my last log in tuner pro for good average data and use the injector spreadsheet to apply the changes. Next I use the cyl airflow table to log maf flow and adjust timing and pe fuel to obtain the highest reading. I will not give any tips to afr or timing requirements and if tuning a f/I application I assume you understand the concept of being knock limited, the safe afrs for your application. if you are new to tuning I would not recommend to start with a f/I app! :turbo: This may or may not be the right way to do it but it has worked well for me, if anyone can see anything not right or give tips be sure to chime in as I'm always open to learn!
Attachments
Maf log.adx
(134.71 KiB) Downloaded 234 times