VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
The1

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

thanks for that, you shouldn't need to tune via MAF tables, you can use the full scale of the injector multiplier tables in enhanced and just do history logging of target AFR you set vs wideband reading input and have it output percentage change needed on each cell, then adjust, there is a spreadsheet to so you can do a log and copy paste your adjustments and current table then paste back your new table. Or if your on the dyno you can have it show the percentage and adjust each cell in realtime till you hit 0% if you have a nvram.
Brillo

Post by Brillo »

Sweet that is so much quicker! There was 2 reasons I did it this way, Firstly I may or may not have ocd but I have a need to make my tunes match reality.
I also know if I use a factory fuel injector with factory values regardless of the model or make I can be almost certain after tuning the maf table, the ecu will log the correct cyl flow and with the commanded afr can I calculate within a small margin what the engine makes at the flywheel (unless it is a stroker which always gives me a facial twitch!). Secondly I can make changes to the intake (providing it does not change the transfer function of the maf), exhaust, cam and cylinder heads and can evaluate whether or not they are worth the time or the money and it is super impressive to tell the owner what it will make on the dyno and be right 99% of the time! regardless if the maf is accurate on not you can still gauge an improvement but my ocd just has to know! :lol: Out of curiosity when you use a card maf do you still just use the injector multiplier table to tune it? P.s feel free to add a engine size to the xdf that sure would fix my facial twitch!
Last edited by Brillo on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The MAP based tunes use the engine displacement as part of the calculation of the kinjflow constant. MAF doesn't need displacement data because it measures airflow and simply adds X amount of fuel for Y amount of air calculated as grams per cylinder.

I can certainly understand your thought pattern as I too think along similar lines. Many moons ago I did a L67 tune with LS1 maf fitted. I spent ages converting the maf tables to suit. When we ran it up on the dyno the afr numbers were fairly close at which point I used the injector multiplier tables to fine tune. Once that was sorted actual afr matched requested afr and we then altered the PE tables to get the afr we were after. Unfortunately the engine suffered from a lot of false knock so we didn't push it to hard.
Brillo

Post by Brillo »

It is funny that you say that! when I first started using the mod I did a 355 that had the same issue! and I only used the injector multiplier table and the base injector rate to tune the fuel error, I also had a lot of false knock I tuned down to 10.5 afr and 14 degrees of timing i will admit it was around 11:1 comp but at that timing and afr i knew a stockie would take 6-7 pounds of boost! It turned out to be valve float! The give away way was the dyno graph and the cyl flow data that peaked and went straight down, the knock sensors on these pcms seem sensitive to any engine noise, i saw one that had sagged engine mounts that had that ac pulley rubbing on the sway bar reporting false knock once! On the ls based ecu's that i am used to tuning use a blended airflow model which uses maf and a ve look up table for transient fueling which does depend on cylinder volume. Now that you have explained it my facial tick has stopped and I will sleep like a baby tonight :lol:.
The1

Post by The1 »

if you have knock ears you can tune the knock timing a little with the ESC Ignore tables, add some ignore timing, especially if it's camm'd or rockers. Ive had to do this sometimes to get more timing in which was defiantly safe, in which it then made more power and airflow.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Hi The1

Is there flag that can be defined to remove the O2 sensor Faults at all in the VT_V6_$A5G_Enhanced_v1.0d XDF?

Have a customer who is not using the O2 in a stock car running a HQ manual gearbox. I want to disable any fault codes for them and force open loop

Thanks mate

Trevor
The1

Post by The1 »

it shouldn't look for o2 if it's in open loop, have you set BLM and closed loop coolant scalars to disabled. If so what fault code is it?
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:it shouldn't look for o2 if it's in open loop, have you set BLM and closed loop coolant scalars to disabled. If so what fault code is it?
Sorry i should have been more clear, this Tune was for a customer of mine that that basically just needed a Auto to manual tune done to suit his converted vt stock car.

This was just to makesure there was no Check engine light due to the PCM not finding O2's connected.
I had it on the test bench and no faults in relation to the sensors came up (Obviously not running though)

So i disabled BLM's and raised the closed loop determination scalers

Hopefully there wont be a CE :think:
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

The 1 can you help me out with a easy to understand wiring diagram for a vl400 ignition module into a vy flash pcm? Also some tips on setting up the na tune to handle some boost? I’m fitting l67 injectors but using stock na maf. I’ve copied the injector settings over from the s/c bin as well as the ignition timing settings.
The1

Post by The1 »

Vl400 should have wiring diagram for his module, I'd personally repin loom and use nvram with vt pcm, flash pcm is at it's limits really with n/a, but depends on care factor, it can be made to work but not right