VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by Wade »

I was recording 15psi. Once I build a proper motor I’d like to stay around 15-20psi.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

The1 wrote:disable vats, unless you have a tech2 to relink the pcm and bcm. This is the case for VX VY Flash PCM Models. For all VT VX VY Models if the PCM is changed it also applies, VS Models arn't linked.
Hi The1,

Is this point noted on FAQ or could be added to Enhanced PDF so it's clear for others mate ?

Caught me out and others by looks (Wade last year and JohnDee68 this week when I was searching)

Been running in my NA VY V6 wagon for nearly 2 years now and its great! Thank you mate! :thumbup:
The1

Post by The1 »

i will add it in, i thought it was default to disabled, which it is on VX but wasn't on VY, will update them and no worries Hope someone makes good use out of all the bins, giving a bit better tune ability over stock.
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Thank you. Hopefully it will stop others from bricking their PCMs :comp:

My NA VY v6 runs great with this mod in place and with minor mods picked up 1L per 100 and better gear shifts.
Cheers mate!
The1

Post by The1 »

depending on bus chatter ive still been able to reflash a pcm with vats on. Failing that it would need a eeprom desoldered and reflashed and soldered back in. But for the cost of the pcm's, ive picked some up for $15 each it's just easier to grab another.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You should be able to flash a pcm with vats or you wouldn't be able to clone a new pcm from another vehicle
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Think it's more that when the VATS is on people are not getting their car to start after flashing and trying other things to make it run etc. This is resulting in the bricking. As you guys know, if you get a bad flash or the flash tool hangs during flash, it can be game over for the PCM pretty quickly. Hence the warnings to be careful by VL400 in his guide.
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

Just a question for VS V6 N/A with manual transmission. There are 2 flags one says "Manual transmission option" other is "Manual Getrag transmission"

Need some advise here please. (See pic)
Attachments
Flags.jpg
Flags.jpg (96.07 KiB) Viewed 8588 times
The1

Post by The1 »

Manual for t5 then tick manual & geteag for geteag.
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

Just the info I was after. Thanks :thumbup: