Unable to upload whole bin

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Yortt

Unable to upload whole bin

Post by Yortt »

I am using OSE12P with a 4cyl bin with tunerpro I can upload individual changes to the car live but as soon as I try to upload the whole bin file it starts and failes. However I did get it to upload the whole bin file successfully on ONE occassion the other 50 failed.

Given it loaded a full bin correctly once and flawlessly loads single changes then I assume all my set up and settigs are correct. Am I doing something wrong????

Thanks in advance!
Jayme

Re: Unable to upload whole bin

Post by Jayme »

are you using the latest version of the OSE plugin ? some of the older verisons did things like that on newer really fast laptops.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Jayme wrote:are you using the latest version of the OSE plugin ? some of the older verisons did things like that on newer really fast laptops.
Thanks for the response I am using V1.2.4 is this the latest? could not find the plug in on the site.
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Got it thanks, however when I loaded it the tunerpro dropdown still indicates V1.2.4 and still will not upload a bin?????
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

did you remove the older version and put the new one in the same location ?
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Yes I did remove the old folder from "my Documents" I changed it in the folder Tunerpro in program files it appeared and uploads fine now thanks for the help.
Just one other question it will upload a complete bin but only downloads calibration? again can I download a complete bin?
Thanks again
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Just for reference, the plugin should be in my documents\tuner pro files\plugins, but if its working for you under program files, you might as well leave it. This note is more for other people reading the thread.

To get the whole bin either use VL400s flash tool, or with v1.30 of the plugin you can do it from tunerpro rt. You can go to the configuration page under tools/preferences/configure plug in components and in the 'calibration area only' box, uncheck "read" and hit ok. A read will take longer, but you will get the whole bin where its technically possible (64kb or smaller bins).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Sounds good I will try it, thanks for the quick response and all the help.