How do I get 12P to go into closed loop mode

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Holden202T

Re: How do I get 12P to go into closed loop mode

Post by Holden202T »

i would nearly suggest driving in the rain is better for tuning as your more likely to make smaller throttle movements :P
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks VL400 I just tried the ADX and think I am using it correctly. I assume If the VE percent ls superimposes onto the new VE your on target? If that's the case I was spot on up to about 1800rpm then it went lean so I upped the VE table in that area and it lined up great. Thanks heaps having lots of fun.
The main reason for not driving in the rain is because the wideband cabling is coming through a 50mm hole in the floor. There was a convenient hope there so I knocked the plug out and could only imagine how much water might come in.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats a good excuse :P i tune commodores like that if its not my car, just easier.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Charlescrown wrote:I assume If the VE percent ls superimposes onto the new VE your on target? If that's the case I was spot on up to about 1800rpm then it went lean so I upped the VE table in that area and it lined up great.
When using the calc VE item and going through the logs from the monitor view, try and pick out multiple areas of the same load and confirm that the calculated VE is the same or close. For example 2k RPM and 50kPa, go through the log and you may have 5 times where its been steady at that load piont, if they are all saying to change the VE by say 5% then its a pretty safe bet to get it closer to the target. This will reduce the error a bit for your next drive. Can also manually smooth the VE table if you have changed a whole bunch of load points, dont want it left all spikey with points you havnt adjusted yet.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I should probably post this up .... will depend on what people have for their histrograms but you can always change them to suit.

so this spreadsheet is what i use, after a wideband log or CVE log i paste the histrogram into here, along with the current VE from the tune, then it will spit out a new VE to paste into the tune, it basically takes the empty cells and populates them with what the original value was.
cve updater.jpg
cve updater.jpg (519.36 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
as you can see the above example shows some parts of the logs are empty but the tables stay populated :)

the spreadsheet also has alot of other pages with different wideband log options and particularly methanol ones :P

keep in mind if you want to use them just copy over your AFR table values into it .... as some tunes vary the numbers they used, and some of the AFR rows and columns are calculated just to smooth the gaps so keep that in mind too if you do this.

and don't forget after doing this use the 3d graph view in tunerpro to make sure the table isn't too rough or any big spikes, if they are smooth them before uploading to the car!
wideband converter v1.00.xls
(240 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks heaps. The spreadsheet works a treat. I have now got the bottom end (low vac) end of the tune very close. Just wondering what the VE table offset is? Do I need to adjust the data in that table?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I'm not sure what your referring to ??
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

In the XL spreadsheet line 33 it has table called Volumetric Efficiency Table Offset and it is almost 1.000 until it gets to line 40 1400 rpm then there are a few changes in the values. They are only minor but my question is are they supposed to be there? and why are they there?
I really appreciate all the help you guys are providing helping me to tune my car.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

don't worry about that table, its all calculated values based on whats in the table above it, clear the above table and all the values will be 1

all you really need to do is copy in current ve and histogram info and then copy out the VE table it makes for you.

the table you refer to will show you what percentage increase or decrease its doing to the VE table, so for example ... if you have a 1.05 that's multiplying the VE by 105% or .93 = 93% etc etc.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

OK thanks. That"s what I did with the tables and only had to make some minor changes but now need to get on the road and do some serious logging but this rain just won't let up.