cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

How do I get 12P to go into closed loop mode

Post by Charlescrown »

I have been playing around with 12P for some time and the more I play the scarier it gets. So many settings that make big changes to how the car runs.
The problem I have is I can't get it to operate in closed loop mode.
I have the rich threshold at 09 volts and the lean at 0.3 volts
Minimum temp set to 44 deg
Minimum at idle set to 44 deg
Time delay set to 14 seconds
Engine run time closed loop delay set to 0 seconds
Integrator params set to 20 kPa
Map A is set

Enable air fuel check for closed loop logic is set

The wideband reads good reading but it will not go into closed loop.
Is this a tuning issue or do I have something set wrong.
Any advice will me much appreciated.

I also and finding it difficult to run rich enough when it's cold but that can wait till this one is sorted out.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: How do I get 12P to go into closed loop mode

Post by antus »

The stock settings normally dont need to be touched, and when the tune is good and the narrowband o2 sensor is reading properly it'll go in to closed loop. What engine are you running on, do you have a log?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

what sort of combo are you trying to tune
you shouldnt need to change anything to make it go into closed loop
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Charlescrown wrote:I have been playing around with 12P for some time and the more I play the scarier it gets.
The opposite should be true... you must be fiddling with the wrong settings
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i agree, normally i don't need to touch more than 2 or 3 tables to get most tunes right!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Just been playing around with it and I did notice it went into closed loop occasionally.
Looks like I still need to lean it out a bit more.
The engine is 2L Starion Turbo.
I originally started out with the Isuzu G220W program and did some comparisons with the turbo VN Bin to get it near the mark.
I still have around 13:1 AFR around 2000RPM so I assume it's still a bit rich. When the rain lets up I will do some logging to see what happens.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

use the monitors window and plot target afr and wideband afr over the top of each other. set both to 10-20 range so the lines should follow each other if your tune is good. You can see from that how close your VE table is looking. If its not going in to closed loop, your closed loop settings are stock and you havnt changed odd things elsewhere then your VE table needs more work. You should tune VE after the engine has warmed up, then tweak warmup correction stuff after the VE table is good if need be.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if your trying to get the VE table dialled in i would suggest don't worry about close loop and if anything turn it off! like antus said, plot the wideband on a histogram same size and increments as the ve table, then use the target afr v's actual wideband afr offset to adjust the fueling, a few times doing it should get the ve table alot closer to what you need, then try it with closed loop and see if you get any BLM's which will help you get it spot on or continue using wideband if you'd prefer!

if you click on the link in my signature to the basic tuning guide its got all the explainations in there on using both these methods.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Can also use this to cheat and speed up the process seeing as you have the wideband in there .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 280#p29376

It will create a new VE value that you can enter in the VE table to get the AFR pretty close. It works well for steady state tuning where there are no modifiers (ie AE, DE, DFCO) operating and if you plot the calcVE item in a histogram that is the same size as your VE table it can be easily used. When taking values from the histogram make sure to only use values that have had lots of samples. Can then smooth out the table and go for another drive!

Also, this ADX works for any existing logs you have taken in 12P as its just a calculation using existing data.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks. Lots of good info just need time to digest it all and wait for a sunny day. Weather has been absolute crap in Sydney all week. I did a bit of tweeking on the ve tables yesterday and the engine is now very responsive and running about 12 to 13:1 under light throttle with 10:1 when the throttle is snapped but I know it really needs to be driven and logged.