How do I get 12P to go into closed loop mode

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Holden202T

Re: How do I get 12P to go into closed loop mode

Post by Holden202T »

yeah its starting to get annoying, my backyard is a slosh pit! forecast for Newcastle area says rain will be clearing up tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks to the fine Sydney weather I have been doing some logging using VL400's ADX.
I quickly worked out to double all the manifold pressure readings as I have a 2 bar map sensor.
I had a problem with the excel spreadsheet being upside down with tunerpro so I have been just logging and viewing. Then making small changes.
I found that by putting the car into high gear at low speed then accelerating by keeping the throttle at 0 vacuum 0 boost I could get a good picture for the next phase the boost map. I am quiet surprised to find my VE tables maxing at much lower rpm than max torque for this engine. That may be due to changing from throttle body to multi point.
Car is turning out to be a bit of a weapon when it hits boost.
I will let you know in a couple of days with the progress.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Charlescrown wrote:I quickly worked out to double all the manifold pressure readings as I have a 2 bar map sensor.
If you download the 12P zip file there is a 2bar ADX with VE calc in it.
Charlescrown wrote:I had a problem with the excel spreadsheet being upside down with tunerpro so I have been just logging and viewing. Then making small changes.
In tunerpro there are some preferences to how the tables are displayed. Some invert them from the default, and the spreadsheet is using this option. Under the tools menu got to preferences. Then under the General tab click on reverse rows, will now be the same as the spreadsheet.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks heaps. Got it all working and did a log this morning and there were only minor changes needed.
Looking forward to seeing what happens under boost. I have only encroached into that area a little and the fuel mixtures looks good up to 8lb but find I need to find a better place to test drive. Might take it to work in a couple of weeks and put it on the dyno. The max I can do around here is 80km/h. I have the timing well retarded. I copied the Mitsubishi EVO7 map and it's working fine with no knock. The only concern is I have a 6cyl knock board on a 4 cyl memcal and the knock frequency is a fair bit off. Std V6 I believe is 6khz and the 4cyl is 6.7. Saying that I did some logging with Dicks Electronics DST with a different map and it clearly showed some knock points.
I also run the six knock board on my VR V8 and it seems to work fine. Everyone seems to think that's the opposite.
vc81
cars: vn v6

Post by vc81 »

Holden202T wrote:I should probably post this up .... will depend on what people have for their histrograms but you can always change them to suit.

so this spreadsheet is what i use, after a wideband log or CVE log i paste the histrogram into here, along with the current VE from the tune, then it will spit out a new VE to paste into the tune, it basically takes the empty cells and populates them with what the original value was.
cve updater.jpg
as you can see the above example shows some parts of the logs are empty but the tables stay populated :)

the spreadsheet also has alot of other pages with different wideband log options and particularly methanol ones :P

keep in mind if you want to use them just copy over your AFR table values into it .... as some tunes vary the numbers they used, and some of the AFR rows and columns are calculated just to smooth the gaps so keep that in mind too if you do this.

and don't forget after doing this use the 3d graph view in tunerpro to make sure the table isn't too rough or any big spikes, if they are smooth them before uploading to the car!
wideband converter v1.00.xls
Hey guys why does this screenshot show 400-7200 rpm but when I download the attached file it only goes from 400-6000?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There are multiple worksheets for different fuels and configurations, the screen shots must have been from one that went to 7200RPM. You can increase the table size to suit your engine and fuel though.
vc81
cars: vn v6

Post by vc81 »

So is it as easy as just adding extra rows to the table? Or does a formula need to be put into each cell as well?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yes, you can. You can adjust xls spread sheets how you need, you can adjust histograms, but you just cant adjust table resolution in xdfs as they have to match whats in the bin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Got the car running very well up to 12lb boost then it falls in a heap. All the wideband readings are fine till that point then it runs super lean for some reason. My fuel pressure is fine and the supply is 3L a minute at idle. I might have an ignition problem not handling the high boost? I think the wideband readings of lean is being caused by the missfire. Any ideas?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

close the plugs down a bit and retest
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem