cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

$12P Boost multiplier Vs MAP help

Post by Charlescrown »

Just need to know if I need to change any settings in the boost MAP multiplier table? I have the settings for 3 bar boost and notice the kPa scale is as it should be but I don't quiet understand the % scale. It's the same if it were 2 bar. I know its to increase fuel relative to the boost VE table but will it lean out if left the way it is? I don't want to have leaning out problems like I have in the past when under boost.
Holden202T

Re: $12P Boost multiplier Vs MAP help

Post by Holden202T »

you shouldn't need to touch it, only the 20-100kpa ve table and then boost ve table, the rest works itself out. VL400 has set it all up so it does all the hard work for you.

read the advanced tuning guide on how to setup your tune for boost, thats all you need to do to get it running then fine tune ve tables from there to get fueling spot on.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

also need to put something in "Charge Temp - Boost % Coolant contribution for calculating charge temp Vs RPM & MAP"
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah ive done a 3 bar turbo tune and never touched that table, just left it and fuelling was perfect just tuning the VE table.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The multiplier in 12P is only 0-100%, so for 3 bar you may need a rising rate reg to help offset it (if you dont have a boost referenced regulator that will be most of the problem). Some have had no issues tuning to 20+ PSI using the stock table though so it does depend how you have your fuel system setup.

If you do run out of VE due to no rising rate reg the multiplier table can be adjusted. If your running say 20PSI, make the 20 PSI cell 100% (and all above that too) then set up a straight line (as it is now) of values down to 0% at 100kPa.

In 11P it has 0-200% and may make the same change to 12P if it helps.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i run stock fuel regs on those multiplier values they are connected to vacuam and will rise 1:1 with boost
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks heaps. I wasn't sure if I had to change anything. I am only running 15lb boost but due to spiking I went to a 3 bar map sensor and reset it all to the 3 bar. I did a log this afternoon and it's getting there but still looks like it needs more fuel from around 70%ve up so I have upped the Ve's in both maps so will have another go on Thursday. Gotta work tomorrow. (1 day a week He) I love it.