VN S1 V6 m62 9PSI bin file

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
tris909
cars: VN s1 V6 Eaton m62 s/c

Re: VN S1 V6 m62 9PSI bin file

Post by tris909 »

detected no pinging at all, had the knock ears on and 2 guys standing around engine bay listening and it seemed happy. we put 2 degrees above what is in it now and it start to rollover (loose power). engine seems very resistant to detonation, even with large heat soak after each run. very happy with power out of a dirty old S1 buick v6. :)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

it will have a bunch more timing in it once you fix the knock board so its not always pulling spark out. you will probably have to do the spark again... explains why you are running so much timing in your main spark table too
tris909

Post by tris909 »

yeh im going to have to re-do spark map up to 3,500rpm once board is fitted. i should be right to leave the WOT now shouldnt i?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

WOT is where no knocking is most important. I would log everything again to check for knock and tune accordingly.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
tris909

Post by tris909 »

yes most definitely, I will do another log with knock board fitted and see how we go. I have been quite lucky with this motor with no knock at any stage :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

tris909 wrote:yes most definitely, I will do another log with knock board fitted and see how we go. I have been quite lucky with this motor with no knock at any stage :)

how do you know though? most knock you can't even hear.

None of the knock my ecu registers I could hear. Prolonged mild knock is damaging too. Knock is like a sledge hammer blow to the internals of the engine. It can and will damage pistons, con rods, bearings, combustion camber, cylinder walls, valves etc... given enough time or severity.

when you do the log let us know the results.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
tris909

Post by tris909 »

vlad01 wrote:
tris909 wrote:yes most definitely, I will do another log with knock board fitted and see how we go. I have been quite lucky with this motor with no knock at any stage :)

None of the knock my ecu registers I could hear. Prolonged mild knock is damaging too. Knock is like a sledge hammer blow to the internals of the engine. It can and will damage pistons, con rods, bearings, combustion camber, cylinder walls, valves etc... given enough time or severity.

with a good set of knock ears and 10 year mechanical background ;)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

tris909 wrote:
vlad01 wrote:

with a good set of knock ears and 10 year mechanical background ;)

are you using knock headphones?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats what knock ears are.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Any updates on this?

would love to see the actual setup. Very little info or pics on the M62 stuff on the net.