OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
delcowizzid

Re: OSE 12P V112

Post by delcowizzid »

12p just works when you plug in the wideband and set the 0 and 5v air fuel ratios I've never had any issues. I just did a cammed 304 in a vr a couple of weeks ago went from 120rwkw to 196rwkw cam springs and tune the airbox was a restriction at that level even with hsv otr. With the lid off the box and no filter it gained 6rwkw haha
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
scott_king44
cars: holden vt 3.8l and vt 5.0l

Post by scott_king44 »

If anyone wants a XDF file categorized like the 11P one here it is.
no other changes made other than sorting everything into categories the same as 11p to make it easier to change from one to the other
OSE12P V112-Catagorised - 1,2 and 3 bar.xdf
(457.97 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Can you change the name and reupload add maybe catagarised to the end be nice to not have multi xdfs floating around with the same name it confuses peoe haha
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've done it :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

linked from first post, thanks!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

Knock Count logging and wiring question.

Have a '165 computer running at boosted 4 cyl. Runs well, but I would like to add in knock logging if possible. I have a GM knock sensor and filter setup that was common on the TPI engines. Can I use this as an input for 12P to log knock counts?

Looking for some wiring advice and config changes to add this in.

Mark.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You need the knock filter on the memcal like the aussie ones, and its an audio frequency filter that is build to suit the engine the memcal is for and can not be tuned to a different engine type. I dont think what you have is compatible. If your engine has the same bore as the engine the factory knock board was built for you will get some results, but the factory system was early and doesnt compare to modern systems. Further if you've matched the bore but its a different engine your results will likely be worse than the so-so factory system. I would recommend you dont use it. You can see a pic of the right type of knock board here - its the white board next to the chip. viewtopic.php?t=214&start=120#p81644
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I found the factory knock control system very hit and miss like Antus said, it's very early and primitive.

I find most of the time it triggers from gearbox noise and exhaust pulses when you have headers. And the worst part is, most of the time it doesn't even register real knock when I verified with knock headphones on the dyno.

I disable all settings related to knock and just tune in a little safety margin in the spark table with knock headphones.

If you want knock control it may be possible to run a external knock box like the G4 that HP academy showed years ago into one of the inputs and run a flex table to retard the timing but I think it will still be crude compared to modern ECUs
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

antus wrote:You need the knock filter on the memcal like the aussie ones, and its an audio frequency filter that is build to suit the engine the memcal is for and can not be tuned to a different engine type. I dont think what you have is compatible. If your engine has the same bore as the engine the factory knock board was built for you will get some results, but the factory system was early and doesnt compare to modern systems. Further if you've matched the bore but its a different engine your results will likely be worse than the so-so factory system. I would recommend you dont use it. You can see a pic of the right type of knock board here - its the white board next to the chip. viewtopic.php?t=214&start=120#p81644
Yes I have used that knock filter on the PROM in the later GM ECMs I used (7730s). The external one is essentially the same, just external. I could match the bore up with a similar one from a V8 application.

I was curious to see if I could log any knocks and see.

If I was to use the PROM piggy back, then I connect knock sensor to ECM Pin? I didn't think the piggy back filter worked with the '165s.

Mark.