OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
hoppy
cars: Alfa '73 GTV2000, VS Commodore 3.8

Re: OSE 12P

Post by hoppy »

Hi, i'm new here. By way of introduction, I have been lurking on and off at gm_ecm/diy-efi, thirdgen, code59 etc for a while, contemplating an efi conversion for a '73 Alfa GTV2000.
I have collected a a few bits, including an 808, a Moates BURN1, JE Camira EFI manual, VN Commodore manual, a homemade ALDL cable, various sensors,connectors etc
However, I have been sidetracked on other projects, including fixing 4 bent valves in my other Alfa ('91 33 16V) (This car has a MAF-based Bosch EFI system which is hard to find any info for). Now that I have found your excellent site , I have a new enthusiasm for tricking up the GTV with the 808...

I have a question for Antus - the 4cyl-1-0-0.cal file you posted in this topic - How is this file used/what does it contain?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you need to get a copy of the $12P package, that will have the bin file and assosiated bits that you'll need, pretty simply, its the 4 cylinder specific information thats in the tune, the base $12P contains a V8 calibration.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes, what holden202 said.

You would start with OSE$12P_V100.BIN from the official distribution, load it and OSE_$12P_v1.05_1BAR.adx (the definition) in tunepro 4, and then load my 4 cylinder cal. It'll update the calibration portion of the tune with settings that work on my 4cyl. Save the changes to the bin, and load it on your ecu.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

antus wrote: You would start with OSE$12P_V100.BIN from the official distribution, load it and OSE_$12P_v1.05_1BAR.adx (the definition) in tunepro 4, and then load my 4 cylinder cal.
that should be ose_$12P.xdf not adx :wtf:

and also i think if you load a cal over the top of a bin file it will clear the buffer of the bin then load the cal, so you wont end up with a full bin file with 4 cyl cal in it.

i think the only way to do it would be to get the bin file on a realtime chip then pump your cal into it .....

maybe you should update your cal post with the cal and the bin file ?
hoppy
cars: Alfa '73 GTV2000, VS Commodore 3.8

Post by hoppy »

Hi Antus/202 - thanks for the help.
However, I tried loading the cal after loading the bin - it just seems to replace the whole bin? Am I just missing something obvious?
(I already have the OSE12P package unzipped and I can successfully load the XDF & bin. I have Tunerpro 4.14 running under Wine on Ubuntu 9.10).

I have other ways of splicing these files together, using another hex editor (the one in Tunerpro won't let me copy 6912 bytes to the clipboard though) or writing a perl script.
However I would prefer to find out the right/easy way to do this inside TP.

Just so I am sure I understand correctly - If I was doing this the hard way, I'd need to paste the 6912 bytes of Antus' cal over the beginning of the OSE $12P bin to produce a working 32kB bin ?

Rgds,

Hoppy
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

In my case, i wrote the whole original OSE12P to an NVRAM, run that up in the ecu, then sent the cal over with the flashtool. I thought you could load a cal in to a bin with TP, but stand corrected on that. Maybe thats another tool we need, one that can load a cal and insert in to a bin on disk. But yes, if doing it manually it would be written over the start of the file.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Poida
cars: TE-TG Holden Geminis
JE Camira
Early Holden Rodeos
Early Holden Jackaroos
E12 & E30 BMWs
Holden Piazzas
plus others...

Post by Poida »

Hmmm. Antus... Would it be easy enough now it's already loaded and running to just save it with TunerPro as you would any other .bin file you copy after reading it from a Memcal?? Then you could you post the complete 4 cylinder .bin file here so it's a simple task for those of us running TunerPro to load and play with.

I'd like to run the antus_modified.bin and OSE_12P.xdf straight up using my bog stock JE Camira "test lab car" and see how it runs 'as is' using a Moates G1 adapter and 27SF512 Chip with the original Camira Memcal resistor packs. Be nice to see what differences it makes to the stock calibration.
* using Moates APU1 AutoProm & TunerPro RT
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'm guessing Antus' calibration in a camira will not be perfect ... its a different engine for starters ....

having said that its probably your best starting point for a camira, although i'd probably get a camira ve and spark table and chuck in Antus' calibration, that should get you near the mark!
Poida
cars: TE-TG Holden Geminis
JE Camira
Early Holden Rodeos
Early Holden Jackaroos
E12 & E30 BMWs
Holden Piazzas
plus others...

Post by Poida »

hmmm that sounds fine but I not quite into manually entering it all in!

Besides, he has the red cover and I have the blue so his calibrations are never going to be quite right for my needs in my Camira OR Gemini. Still, worth having his .bin just to fiddle with. ATM the Delco is still firmly attached to a JE Camira but eventually it will relocate to the TG/G180W setup.
* using Moates APU1 AutoProm & TunerPro RT
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

well, the g180w and g200w might have quite similar spark maps and fuel pattern, so you may get good results in the gemini with only an injector rate change (which takes in to account injector flow and engine capacity).

When I get some time i'll put together an ose12p v1.0.0 4 cyl bin as well as one based on the AMXX/AMXY camira tune and post em up.