OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: OSE 12P V112

Post by VL400 »

Selection flags are like this for various sensors .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... map#p29820
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Thanks, all good now.
I had (incorrectly) interpreted the flag labels as saying "Selection A - tick if not using a 1 bar sensor" and "Selection B - set for 3 bar sensor" so yes I had set both.
4wheelinls1
cars: X6t

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

I've tuned an 808 V8 Vn with $12P. It runs perfectly on the NVRAM but when I burn the program to a 256 k chip in a Vn v8 memcal the fuelling goes off. The file verifies back to the chip and the car runs on the memcal with no faults and I can log it so the code is running however the fuelling is off, it goes lean. My thought was that I should be using a Vr-vs manual memcal as perhaps the backup chipset is the issue. I have fitted a 256 k chip to the memcal so the $12p fits. I tuned the vehicle with the memcal on the piggyback and the jumpers set to m assuming the memcal would be using the backup chipset. What memcal armle people using with 12p?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Are you sure you didnt tune it on j? It sounds like either the nvram jumper setting was wrong or it was tuned on the nvram correctly and the memcal is wrong? Or there is a wiring issue on your memcal plastic part.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
4wheelinls1

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

antus wrote:Are you sure you didnt tune it on j? It sounds like either the nvram jumper setting was wrong or it was tuned on the nvram correctly and the memcal is wrong? Or there is a wiring issue on your memcal plastic part.
It's definitely on M. The vehicle had an aftermarket chip in it so I used a v6 chip initially but the owner supplied the origional v8 chip, I though that might have been the problem but my understanding is that as long as it's not in limp it should be fine. I have logged both the v8 chip and the NVRAM and they both come up as v8. I'll try the 6 and 8 jumper settings tomorrow for interest sake.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Right. So you tuned it on m with a v6 memcal attached but its an 8? Theres your problem. In that case should not have used the v6 memcal and set the nvram to j and 8.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
4wheelinls1

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

antus wrote:Right. So you tuned it on m with a v6 memcal attached but its an 8? Theres your problem. In that case should not have used the v6 memcal and set the nvram to j and 8.
WhIch makes perfect sense, what I don't get is why when I put the v8 memcal on the NVRAM with the jumper on m as to why the fuelling is correct. Shouldn't it have the same fuelling issue as the v8 memcal on its own? I sort of expected to have to retune the fuel when when I got the v8 memcal for it but with the v8 memcal on the piggyback the fuelling is fine. I'm going to try with the jumper on 8 to see what the fuelling does.
4wheelinls1

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

So i did try the jumper on J not M and on 8 cylinder the fueling was wrong and lean and on 6 the car runs correctly. This confirms the memcal was being used when I did the original tune with the V6 memcal piggybacked and jumped in. Still confused as to why with the V8 memcal running in M through the nvram is different to the fueling with the memcal straight to the computer with the same bin file. Some conflict in the file that is overlooked when the nvram is running, the car runs no codes and logs data on the memcal alone so its not in limp. Either way I gather if I retune the car with the memcal off and the jumper in J and 8 cylinder I will rectify the fuel and all will be well. Soon see.

Thanks
4wheelinls1

Post by 4wheelinls1 »

Well the good news is the tune on the 808 Memcal works fine now after I redid the fueling with no Memcal in the piggyback, the jumper set to J and 8 cyl.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Good to hear! Thanks for reporting back. There must have been a bad connection or something when you first did it.