OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Re: OSE 12P V112

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

vlad01 wrote:I found the factory knock control system very hit and miss like Antus said, it's very early and primitive.

I find most of the time it triggers from gearbox noise and exhaust pulses when you have headers. And the worst part is, most of the time it doesn't even register real knock when I verified with knock headphones on the dyno.

I disable all settings related to knock and just tune in a little safety margin in the spark table with knock headphones.

If you want knock control it may be possible to run a external knock box like the G4 that HP academy showed years ago into one of the inputs and run a flex table to retard the timing but I think it will still be crude compared to modern ECUs
Yes it was the case of trying to have more information is all. This year, the engine is up from 2.5L to 3.0L and a more aggressive cam. Figured maybe add in the knock sensor input. But can keep using past method ... but maybe some fuel additive this year for higher boost testing.

Mark.
DixiePicker

ESC - ESC recovery rate (Deg/200mS) vs RPM

Post by DixiePicker »

How does this calibration table function: ESC - ESC recovery rate (Deg/200mS) vs RPM? Current table all cells = 2.99ms
What I intend to do is to have ESC recovery at a faster rate.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: OSE 12P V112

Post by antus »

I think its saying it'll recover 3 degrees every 200ms (.2 of a second), regardless of the rpm (all rows are the same). you could make it recover faster or slower at one end of the rpm range if you wanted, and the 2.99 is likely a rounding of the 8 bit value where they entered '3' in the factory after the equation is applied.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396