OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
wake77
cars: HX

Re: OSE 12P

Post by wake77 »

just about to start using this 12P on my turbo 355 and would like to hook up my wideband i have an innovate LM1
couple of questions what pin on the ECU do i connect to and what voltage scale do i set it up 0v=? 5v=?
Thanks
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

connect it to D8. set it up to whatever scale you want, the input is just a 0-5v scaled to 0-255 in scannerpro. change the formula to suit your scale. eg the standard definition released is 0v = 7.35 5v = 22.39. the formula is (((22.39-7.35)/255)*x)+7.35 just change that to suit what you want.
hoppy
cars: Alfa '73 GTV2000, VS Commodore 3.8

Post by hoppy »

Hi,

I have spliced Antus' 1.0.0 4cyl cal with the OSE12P bin, using the following 2 linux commands:

$ cp antus-4cyl-1-0-0.cal antus_4cyl.bin
(copies antus's cal to a new file 'antus_4cyl.bin')

$ tail -c +6913 <OSE\$12P_V100.BIN >>antus_4cyl.bin
(starting at byte 6913, appends the OSE12P bin file to the new file)

Here is the resulting file - Antus, can you do a quick byte-level diff/compare to check that this has worked correctly. I have eyeballed the file in the TP hexeditor and it looks ok, but I would like a second opinion ...)

cheers, hoppy.

update by antus: attachment removed. please use the updated tune towards the start of this thead instead.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yeah that looks ok, but ive found that my cal was not running as well as i had hoped. Ive just reworked my tune and created a 32kbin and given it a test on my car. Its in the post earlier in the thread so you might like to use that instead. Be aware that almost certainly the injector rate will wrong and need updating for your application. Unfortunately I don't know what injectors I have (they are black with orange connectors) . I was told that they were camira but afaik all camira injectors seem to be completely black. However that might be non issue if you can calculate your injector rate and it suits.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

antus - have a look on the orange part of the injector, there should be a number ... might be able to find out what they are ....

wake77 - setup the analog input on the lm1 to be 0-5v 7.35-22.39 afr ... then use the $12p adx as it is and its got all the calcs already in there for you.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

My car is running it did work programming a stock memcal with ose12 thanks i just need to learn how to use it
Looks like i have to do it the hard way until the new nvram boards arrive
I have a few questions if anyone can help
I need some direction in what areas i should target to suit certain mods
Tps is different due to using a holley twin throttle body what specific areas should i adjust to get it right
I have a 284 crane cam what areas would need changing to suit
are their any sites that go into detail on tuning
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Dec_head wrote:Tps is different due to using a holley twin throttle body what specific areas should i adjust to get it right
Just connect it up and see how it works, if its got a similar range then it wont be a problem.
Dec_head wrote:I have a 284 crane cam what areas would need changing to suit
are their any sites that go into detail on tuning
Here is a link to a bin for a crow 284 .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=63 and this is the XDF for it .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=438

Grab the VE and spark map from this bin and it should get you started, you will need to increase the table sizes when copying them over as 12P has much more resolution, can use excel to do this.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

thanks i copied the info over and will give it a try tomorrow any idea what the tps voltages usually read at idle and wot
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i believe its gotta be less then .76 volts to trigger idle

just plug the tps in and turn the ignition on (engine not running) and just see what the tps says on the laptop as you move the accelerator.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

I can't get tunerpro rt 5 beta to connect something odd going on when i test com4 it says ok found cable but won't detect hardware and won't connect i am using a usb connector it is set up as a 232 in efilive.

I need a decent multimeter i tested the voltage on mine and it goes in 1 volt steps useless thing anyway it was 0 volts at idle and 3 at wot

I have an old laptop with a serial port and a cable i made years ago but when i go to copy the ose12 package to a cd it says cannot copy without losing data ? even if i zip it.

update
i got scannerpro working after some stuffing around trying different def files now closed throttle reads 0.69 volts and wot is 3.59 is that going to work ok ?
I copied the connection settings from the adx that worked in scannerpro to tunerpro 5 and now it's working as well
And it seems to run rough at idle like it is running rich but when i hold it quarter throttle for a few seconds it starts running smooth again would this be to do with the idle ve map ? i wasn't sure of the settings for for that so i left them untouched on the original bin.
It looks like i have a lot to learn is their a thread for dumbasses on how and what to tune in all of this once i get the nvram
And is it a good idea to run a wideband will it make it easier for an idiot ? i am going to install a knock sensor as well might save me detonating.