OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
wake77
cars: HX

Re: OSE 12P

Post by wake77 »

How do you setup the Flex Tables? when i used kalmaker i had a h20 control enabled to use as an intercooler spray when on boost can i use theese tables to do the same thing?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yep, it can be set up exactly like the kalmaker one. go into the flash tool and select binary functions > flexible output editor. load your cal, edit the flex outputs axes. to make it the same as kalmaker, make x axis map and y axis rpm., set your mins and maxes for each axis, choose active only with engine run. click save cal file save it somewhere, then click modify xdf, save the new xdf soemwhere.

now you can go into tunerpro, open your newly saved xdf and cal and scroll to the bottom of the tables list and edit the duty cycle to suit what you want. if you go beyond an axis, it keeps the duty cycle of the last cell.
Last edited by Jayme on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

heres a few examples .... if you specify less of a range in the setup of the flex table then you will have more clarity eg. range of 2000rpm to 4000rpm rather than 1000 to 6000 etc ....

and this table also shows that if you want it to be off outside the values you specify then do it something like that.
for the record this table is setup to active a solenoid when theres high vacuum and over a certain kph speed.

this one is setup to control an electric water pump and basically go faster as the engine temp and rpm increases.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Thanks Jayme and holden202 for the great instructions :)
wake77

Post by wake77 »

thanks for the details. and for being so prompt.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've gotten my fair share of value out of $12P ... time to give something back!!

plus being a code tester means i got an unfair advantage on knowledge of how it all works :study:
wake77

Post by wake77 »

i started to tune the engine over the weekend on an engine dyno with $12p.
am using an innovate LM2 wideband to input to the software the only problem is the displayed value on the LM2 is different when logging via TP5.
TP5 reads about 1 point higher, any ideas? the analog output on the meter is set to the correct scale, i have connected the negative output from the LM2 to earth and the positive output to D8.

next question is there a way to setup the flex tables without using the flash tool as i dont have a realtime board so i can't just send a cal. i'm still using a ostrich for tuning.

So far the engine is running fine have only tuned to about 5000 rpm and 10 psi and it's making about 550hp
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i can't comment on TP5 as i don't use it i use scanner pro for logging and thats what the $12P adx was made for....

you can change the AFR readings in the adx config but i'd be wondering why its not right in the first place .... when i tested the wideband integration i used serial for the LC-1 wideband output (logworks) then used a usb interface in the 808 with $12P adx logging and i was getting the reading almost identical all the time .....

maybe try and use scanner pro and see if the wideband numbers are right with it ... if so then there must be an issue with the adx conversion to TP5 or something like that.

with the flex tables ... once you have modified your bin to have the flex table setup to be x & y etc then you can change the numbers in the table just like anything else in tuner pro.

if you are having issues with it and want to get the cal put into the bin file so you have a complete bin file post up the cal and i or someone else can get it upload it into our ecms, then download the complete cal and bin for you!
wake77

Post by wake77 »

thanks for your help
it was my fault the wideband didn't work correctly.
tested with scannerpro and it worked correctly.
i assumed the other adx file was the same just modified to work with TP5. it had a different calc in the wideband setup.
so i modded the adx i'm using .
is there going to be an adx file made for TP5 as i see on the scannerpro website.

ScannerPro's scan engine is now encorporated into TunerPro RT Version 5. As a result, ScannerPro is no longer available for download or supported.

Thanks again.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well at this stage i don't have any plans to update it because i don't use TP5 at all :P

sooner or later though once TP5 has the bugs ironed out im sure we'll start migrating to it.

you can start the trend if you want ;) just need to compare the scanner pro settings to the imported TP5 ones ... from what i've seen you need to change the connection macros a bit and also alot of the settings for values gets screwed up in the transfer .... once that sort of stuff is all corrected it should be fine.