cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: OSE 12P V112

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:
Dylan wrote:Ive been making good use of this code lately and finding it great!
Good stuff :thumbup:
Dylan wrote:One thing ive noticed is on the 112 BLCDV6 bin is the charge temp appears to be wrong from about 92 onwards. Is there a reason for this or something wrong my end?
That is just what Holden supplied, the cal is pretty much 100% standard (only changes are when a table has been increased a few columns or rows have been interpolated).

You would hope the charge temp does not get to the cells above 92deg, but it may have been a way of adding fuel if things got a bit hot? Thats about the only reason I can think of why it is set to the odd values. Or it was just an oversight :lol: The CAKH cal (VR auto) is the same, so they didnt fix it even towards the end of the VR run.
Not sure on charge temps but I seen MAT well over 100. Wonder if that will translate to over 92 charge temps?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

from a log I have of my brothers turbo v6 its showing 107 degrees inlet temp and the coolant temp is 80 degrees, and the charge temp is 97 degrees ......

so the short answer is, you need it to get fairly hot to see that part of the table!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

VL400 wrote:For those that are having offset issues with wideband readings on pin D8 there is a resistor that can be removed from the ECU. Removing it will not cause a problem if you dont need to or if the offset is from poor grounding, but for widebands that are using PWM DAC analog outputs it will remove or greatly reduce the AFR offset.

Most new widebands use a PWM DAC output as its far cheaper to implement (cost is one resistor and a capacitor using a spare PWM output from the controller's processor), some known models using this type of output are...
- Innovate MTX-L
- Innovate LC2
- 14point7 Spartan, SLC OEM/EvK

Here is what needs to be removed, it is a 51K resistor...
808 Pin D8 Mod For Wideband.jpg

Known models using a proper analog DAC which should not have a problem are..
- Innovate LM1
- Innovate LC1

If you are using one of these but are seeing an AFR offset then the problem is likely poor grounding.
I know this was from a while back, but I was trying tune the Jeep today & can't get the LM-1 any closer than .5/.7 from what is on the LM-1 screen eg. LM-1 reads 14.7 AFR & TP5 displays 15.2 approx. I have connected a wire to the board at D8 + a ground then connected to the LM-1 via the plug. While it is in the car the LM-1 is powered from a socket in the dash with the ground being attached to loom via A12,D10,D16, all giving similar offsets. The post attached says that it should be a ground problem, am I missing something with the grounding?
The adx is the 1 bar_Petrol with calcVE in the $12PV112
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Are you grounding the LM1 power supply away from the ECU, while keeping the ground from the 3.5mm analog outputs to the ECU grounds?

You will likely never get it reading spot on, just try and minimise any offsets. I have done the following (taken from the user manaul) on Innovate products to get things closer. You can also set the LM1 to output a set voltage while the heater is warming up, so you can get two points for calibrating against.
9.9. Analog Output tricks/hints
Very often there is a ground offset between the device that receives the analog output voltage
and the LM-1. Both devices reference different grounds and therefore see different voltages. So
to compensate for the ground offsets the analog output voltage points have to be shifted by the
ground offsets. To measure what the real ground offset is, you can program the analog outputs
temporarily to output a flat line voltage by entering the same voltage in both fields for the two
analog out programming points. This way the analog output voltage will be fixed, independent of
current AFR and can therefore be measured and compensated for easily
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I have the tried the 3.5mm analog output ground at 2 different ecu grounds, both with the same result. The ground for the LM1 power supply has been grounded at several locations in the cab as well as directly to the battery. I'll continue to play with it, if all else fails I'll ignore what is displayed in TP.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400

Post by VL400 »

You can tweak the 0v and 5v AFR scalars to get it reading correctly. Minimize the offset then get the lm1 outputting fixed voltages, adjust the scalars so it reads as expected.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i use the original o2 sensor earth for wideband signal earth works mint
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

VL400 wrote: - Modified Boost Multiplier. Was previously only 100-200% for both 2 and 3 bar sensors
Auto selection for 2/3 bar MAP sensor to have 100-200% or 100-300% based on sensor type
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but when I select 3 bar MAP sensor the Boost Multiplier table shows 100-400kPa. Shouldn't that be 100-300kPa?
Selecting a 2 bar sensor shows 100-200kPa.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

For 3 bar clear "Map A: MAP Sensor Type Selection A \ A:B Clear = 1Bar", select "Map A: MAP Sensor Type Selection B / A Set = 2Bar, B Set = 3Bar"

If both are set it goes to 100-400kPa.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

So it's user error then :typist: