OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: OSE 12P V102

Post by VL400 »

I have released 12P V104, lots of changes so hopefully nothing major is broken this time. You can get it from the first post in this thread. It mainly has changes relating to boost and baro. There are new ADXs part of the download-able zip file, (they allow for the VE learn flag to be part of the data stream and the wideband change, otherwise they are the same). You will need flashtool V118 (or later) also.

The following additions are all baro related...
- Added A Baro Vs VE Multiplier Table
- Added Option To Choose VE Multiplier Or Altitude Adjusted MAP For VE Lookup
- Added Option To Choose MAP Load Variable Or Altitude Adjusted Load Variable
- Added Option To Not Update Baro During Engine Run

The Baro vs VE multiplier table is used only if the option 'VE Multiplier' is set. It allows for VE adjustment when the baro changes, in GM config (and as it is in the V104 bin and cal file) it adds fuel as the baro drops. This is due to the engine being more efficient at higher altitudes - reduced exhaust back pressure means the engine VE increases. You can adjust the table values if you want to remove fuel at high altitudes due to lower air density.

There is now an option to also choose MAP Load Variable Or Altitude Adjusted Load Variable for lookups. The altitude adjusted MAP load variable is used by default, if you dont want baro adjusted lookups (excluding VE) then clear this option. If you have this clear (use MAP load variable), the option for VE multiplier and clear the multiplier table there will be no baro adjustment at all. Some people would prefer to not have any baro adjustment so this can now be done.

The option to not update baro while the engine is running is for those running boost, but it also means if your driving up a mountain the baro will be the same as it was at the bottom and fueling changes wont take effect until the engine is turned off and back on again.

These are all boost additions and work the same as the existing non-boost tables so shouldn't need any further info...
- Added Boost % Coolant Contribution For Charge Temp Table
- Added Boosted Cold Engine AFR Tables - Map A and Map B
- Added Coolant Advance vs Boost MAP and Temp
- Boost Knock Logging

For those running boost one table I think that was lacking was the ability to add/subtract spark advance as the charge temps rise so added..
- Charge Temp Advance Atmo And Boost Tables

The following changes relate to VE Learn..
- VE Learn flag part of ALDL message
- Changed Wideband A/D Into WideBand AFR
- WideBand VE Learn

The wideband VE learn uses the wideband input (be sure to setup the new wideband VE learn parameters to suit your widebands 0-5v output) to learn the VE in the 20-100kPa region only. Its not limited to just stoich like the narrowband VE Learn. Its a slow update much like the existing narrow band VE learn, its not a magical fix for a VE table thats miles out and wont save your engine if its mega lean and going WOT. It wont work under boost, that bits up to you! If both narrowband and wideband VE learn options are set to active, wideband takes precedence.

The other change is the ability to link flexible outputs together. In the flashtool you can choose either or both axis of a flex output to be controlled by the DC of another flex output. Should be able to make it do some good stuff now :thumbup: There is also a VE Learn flag active flag in the ALDL output.

So if you do upgrade be sure to check the new tables, they are not populated with data when the cal is migrated. Its up to you to set them up in TP to your specific requirements. If your using the bin or cal provided in the V104 zip then all the new tables are setup to suit a standard V8 or V6 so its a case of burn and your away.
Apples

Re: OSE 12P V104

Post by Apples »

Sweet update.
Does that mean the development cycle is nearing the end and some later version may start development?
I can only wish
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yep, from now on it will only be bug fixes on 12P.
Apples

Post by Apples »

Do you have any ideas on what’s next in the development plans.
Later PCM's or something else.
or more time to play with your own toys for now.
Can I suggest may be a VS maffless version next with all the OSE 12P options. hint hint.
Would be good to here what the Master has planed.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its nice to dream isn't it apples :lol:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The next release will be 11S and followed by 11P, however all future code releases wont have all the same features as 12P. Things like flex outputs are not possible on newer hardware as there are limited free pins available to use. Mafless VS and VT are on the cards but 11S is close to a public beta - providing that goes ok then 11P will follow quicker than 12P did!

Gonna have to keep dreaming for a little while yet :(
Apples

Post by Apples »

Dreaming that's me lol. :D
Forgot about 11S and 11P, they are a must to complete the set.
I will go back to dreaming now lol.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what about 11P for a mafless VS apples ? only real difference will be the loss of sequential injection ?

i'm contemplating converting the ecotec in the torana to 11P when the time comes.
Apples

Post by Apples »

That's a good idea but then I would have to go get a few VR PCM.
I have a few VS and 808s for now.
Now my wreaking yard mate has closed down theirs no free bits anymore.
I can wait / dream till a VS version is released or go Kalmaker as a last resort.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If anyone has a cal with corruption can you post it here or email it to me, would be interested to see what has gone wrong and if its a migrate issue or something else.