OSE 11P V104

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Jayme

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by Jayme »

from memory, the spark cut limiter in 11P doesnt stop EST... it only reduces dwell to the point spark is not acheivable. logging continues and rpm trace continues... log doesnt show bypass mode.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

paging VL400 :)
The1

Post by The1 »

it's something ive wanted to look at with enhanced, havn't yet visited the code.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Jayme wrote:so interesting question came up from a mate of mine... can we have a "spark only" limiter?
I think 11P with spark cut enabled, cuts fuel AND spark. can we have a setting for crazy people that want 4 foot flames and expanded mufflers to leave the fuel going during the spark cut limiter, for burnout comps, etc?
Tick the spark cut option flag and it disables the fuel cut code running only the spark cut code :thumbup: No option for both fuel and spark cut, its one or the other. Spark cut option was for precisely the reasons above, cant have no fuel spoiling the party :lol:
Jayme wrote:from memory, the spark cut limiter in 11P doesnt stop EST... it only reduces dwell to the point spark is not acheivable. logging continues and rpm trace continues... log doesnt show bypass mode.
That is correct. Dwell is set to 200us so cant ignite and keeps things happy. It also disables some of the EST error logic only during spark cut so no code 41/42 errors are logged.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

oh happy days.... I just assumed when we didnt get popping or flames that it was cutting both. maybe I need to fatten up the top end fuel table a bit, or widen the gap between upper and lower to get some action.

just odd that I enabled spark cut only in power mode, but he said it sounds 100% exactly the same in Economy and power.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Try using the spark retard option if you want more flames/pops. Need to get the cylinders that do fire to continue burning in the exhaust igniting the unburnt fuel from the missed cylinders.

If you want to test the spark cut works set it for 2k RPM. Its not slow like a batch/banked fuel cut.

Oh and spark cut does not work on a window of upper and lower. Its a simple on/off at the high RPM setting.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so the expected result is that it maintains a relatively stable rev limit and cuts spark to random cylinders to maintain it similar to a 2 step? I might widen the window for the fuel cut then add some retard and test and make sure the power and economy settings are different. :driving:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Its a super simple on/off spark cut. If its above the upper disable spark, below upper enable it. No random cylinder cut like my ignition modules.

The fuel cut window is not used at all for spark cut, there is a scalar for RPM below upper to retard spark which used in both modes. Just setup the spark retard scalar for desired flame size :P
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

will provide flame videos when I test it hehe.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

:worthless: :lol:

J/K. But want vid lol
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396