cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by immortality »

Awesome :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice :)

so I assume you found a suitable relay to do the work then ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Also with this PWM option, the initial fuel prime is at 100% on. There is then an adjustable time out for engine run time before reducing pump speed to the table value.

I found a few options and will most likely go with this .. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SY4086. They can be found cheaper at other places online, its also the same model Haltech supply.

Hella make some neat plugin options but are ground triggered from what I could find, the fuel pump output on a delco is a high side or 12V drive trigger unlike all the other outputs. These are difficult to source locally though .. http://www.hella.com/microsite-electronics/131.html
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Dylan wrote:Would it at all be possible to fun a 5 speed auto from 424?
Maybe this fuel pump output be re assigned for auto shift?
Possibly, the output is opposite so would need some circuitry to invert it. Lots of code changes would be needed to add in the extra shift tables. I havnt looked to see what the 5L40E solenoid functions are, so it may operate very differently in terms of the 4L60E and its 3-2 downshift and pressure control.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VL400 wrote:Yes and no. While 11P does support some VT PCM functions it does not support all of them, the VR PCM does not have enough inputs to allow everything.

There is limited instrument cluster support, other than an oil pressure light (the VT PCM sends this to the dash normally) you get most other important things. the 11P code listens to the vehicle bus and will respond to the BCM requesting the instrument cluster data to be sent to the dash
There is no VT VATS in 11P.
11P cannot respond to airbag deployed status messages, so it wont cut the fuel pump like a VT PCM will if the engine was still running after the prang. It still cuts the fuel pump on engine stall.

It does enough to keep a VT fairly happy. I know of one user running 11P on a VT .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3818
Sorry to bring up an old reply. But would you be able to let me know exactly what won't work with the vt v8? I'm getting really annoyed with the low rpm pulse reverberation from my cam on my maf which is in a different place from factory and my low rpm afrs are all over the show.
What dash stuff will it not do? And will airbags still deploy just no fuel pump cutoff?

Other then map sensor what else would be required to go map? I am already running a map intake manifold. Can I retain my current ecu and just burn 11p to my nvram?

Bearing in mind It's also a hsv so runs a knock sensor and also vats is disabled in my tune anyway.

Thank you.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Do you have a build thread anywhere for this beast?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

I think i do somewhere on JC. but I have no idea where I left of with it. Actualy may go check now that you remind me.

EDIT: hasn't been updated on over a year though. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt- ... nator.html
VL400

Post by VL400 »

hsv08 wrote:Sorry to bring up an old reply. But would you be able to let me know exactly what won't work with the vt v8? I'm getting really annoyed with the low rpm pulse reverberation from my cam on my maf which is in a different place from factory and my low rpm afrs are all over the show.
What dash stuff will it not do? And will airbags still deploy just no fuel pump cutoff?
I can tell you what will work on the VT dash - trip computer for instant and average L/100, coolant temp, overspeed stuff, power/econ indicator and check engine light. The oil pressure light wont work, the majority is not driven by the PCM so will still work.

Airbags will still deploy, but like pre VT models the fuel pump wont be cut unless the engine stalls.

hsv08 wrote:Other then map sensor what else would be required to go map? I am already running a map intake manifold. Can I retain my current ecu and just burn 11p to my nvram?

Bearing in mind It's also a hsv so runs a knock sensor and also vats is disabled in my tune anyway.

Thank you.
You need to repin the loom and run a VR/VS '424 PCM for 11P, cannot keep your current PCM. Knock sensor will need a HSV memcal with knock filter that suits VN-VS V8.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Excellent. Thank you very much for the reply. Will look into repinning loom and finding a 424 hsv pcm.
No oil lights fine as I run a external pressure gauge anyway.
Cheers vl400
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If you cant find a HSV PCM, the VR V6 PCM is the same and will work fine for much fewer $.

Will just need to find a V8 HSV memcal for the knock filter if you want to keep knock control. If you run an NVRAM (its different to your current one) then a HSV V8 VN/VP (auto or manual) or VR/VS manual memcal can be plugged in and use the filter board.