Re: OSE 11P V104

Post by Holden202T »

Here's $11p spark cut for ya Jayme

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GMsY5oD3vNU[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GMsY5oD3vNU
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Has anyone configure a manifold intake temp sensor instead of the air intake sensor in air filter box & what changes needed to be made?

It's in the lower intake manifold on a L67 ecotec!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

The factory 11p tune is designed for a temp sensor in the runner anyways
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Oh I had a feeling from memory the VR (424) still had the Air Intake temp sensor, obviously not so if thats the case & you are to run the opposite sensor has anyone done the inverse changes?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

air intake sensor in airbox is ecotec onwards.... all VN-VR buicks use Manifold temp sensors in the intake runner.

that being said ive never had to alter anything when running ecotec on an 808 or 424... I just put a buick manifold temp sensor in the intake manifold and it all works fine.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I thought they may run a different resistance or something as I remember in the old kalmaker software there used to be a pull up 25k resistor change for it from memory.

I also would have thought the air intake (box) sensor would need to be made more sensitive seeing it's never going to reach the same range as the manifold air sensor.

I'm not trying to pick just chucking the thought out there.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah you are right, the airbox IAT sensor is different to the MAT sensor in the runner as used on the earlier MAP ecu's. thats why whenever I convert an ecotec to MAP, I throw away the airbox sensor and use the earlier buick sensor drilled and tapped into the ecotec manifold. all the sensors (including coolant, knock, MAT sensor) that you are using on the ecotec should be pulled off a buick engine and installed into the same location as seen on the buick engine. then you will have less hassles as the 11P tune is designed to run with those exact sensors in those locations.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

They do different things, one is intake temp and the other manifold. A MAP system estimates airflow while a MAF system measures it. On a MAP setup, or speed density system, you want to calculate the air density entering the cyl to then calc the fuel requirement, so measuring the MAT just prior to the cyl is the most accurate way (well most practical anyway).

The MAT sensor can can swapped for any sensor you like in 11P, there is a table to calibrate it to match the sensor characteristics. Just dont fudge the table or have the sensor somewhere that is not actually manifold air temp or you will never get fueling accurate under various conditions.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

thats why whenever I convert an ecotec to MAP, I throw away the airbox sensor and use the earlier buick sensor drilled and tapped into the ecotec manifold. all the sensors (including coolant, knock, MAT sensor) that you are using on the ecotec should be pulled off a buick engine and installed into the same location as seen on the buick engine.
Thats what worked for me going from MAF to 424 on an ecotec
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've always wondered how the LS motors go with a MAFless set up. As the one's I've seen still run the IAT in the intake pipe. Is that best practice?