OSE 12P V111 Code 33 set but no MIL displayed

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

OSE 12P V111 Code 33 set but no MIL displayed

Post by kojab »

Got a funny one. Saturday I took my MR2 with 12P conversion to Wakefield for the first time . Car ran great till second time out when a radiator hose burst. Managed to fix that and car ran fine back to Sydney. Just a short time ago I read the Delco ecu and found Code 33 set. What's odd is the engine light (MIL) never came on the whole trip. Checked to make sure I had both "Process Code" and "Cell Enable" Code 33 set which they were but never saw a warning light.

What I would really like to know is with Code 33 set in the ecu what effect if any would there be on the way the engine runs with and without Code 33 set. I know with some 2/3 Bar bins a default Map table is used if Code 33 is set but I don't recall 12P having a table like this.

Edit: Started the engine a few minutes ago and no engine light with code 33 still set. Introduced a Code 22 and get an instant fault light.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: OSE 12P V111 Code 33 set but no MIL displayed

Post by VL400 »

MAP high and low fault codes are handled the same as factory in 12P. I ran out of room to create a table with RPM and TPS vs a default MAP so it still calculates a default MAP while code 33 is active. There is no default boost MAP with code 33, it uses what it gets which is likely a big wack of fuel rather than something too lean if the default MAP gets it wrong (which it likely will, its normally enough to get to the side of the road only).

Is code 33 still active or are you viewing the fault history? The logged data in the engine data message is the fault history. The CEL/MIL will only be lit while the fault is active, same operation as a factory bin. It may have been a very well timed fault, long enough to set the code but not long enough to enable the CEL for a length of time that you would see it?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i just turned code 33 i think it was high map code off while getting the tune inline on the 202 turbo sometimes it would head towards a stall idling rich and trip the code was safer to just turn it off while getting the tune in line instead of not seeing the error and hitting boost
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400

Post by VL400 »

On a BLCD V6 bin the default fault conditions for a code 33 are MAP > 80kPa, RPM > 450RPM and TPS < 3.125%. If these conditions are met for 3.2 seconds the code is set.

kojab: Did you get a log of when the code was set?
kojab

Post by kojab »

VL400 wrote:On a BLCD V6 bin the default fault conditions for a code 33 are MAP > 80kPa, RPM > 450RPM and TPS < 3.125%. If these conditions are met for 3.2 seconds the code is set.

kojab: Did you get a log of when the code was set?
I will need to have a look through all the logs I made on Saturday to see if or when code 33 was set.

With terminals 5 & 6 shorted code 33 flashed out but with engine running there is no MIL displaying. I then introduced code 22 and MIL came straight on. Now ecu flashes code 12, 22 & 33.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Flashing codes via the CEL/MIL is also the stored faults, so code 33 has likely been set and since cleared.
kojab

Post by kojab »

Just looked at a log I made from Sydney to Goulborne and DTC 33 was set right at the very beginning so I have no idea when it was first introduced as the Mill has never come on with this conversion. I usually only check for codes if I see a Cell light. I will be checking now more often. The A/F ratios where ok at Wakefield all the way to 7800 RPM
kojab

Post by kojab »

Some thing strange going on. Just had another look at the log to Goulbourne after a few other logs and now code 33 never gets set. Seems TunerPro is looking at different data ??
I am using the same ADX in TP that the V2 logger used to generate the .XDL

Will let you know if I find anything.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

doesn't the code self clear after a certain amount of restarts ?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Sure does, default is 50 restarts (and running for > 10 seconds) and its gone.

When you flash codes and log using message 1 its the same RAM data. Unless there is an ADX error they will match. If you can flash out a code 33 and then connect via ALDL and cant see it then its likely an ADX issue (looking at the standard 12P ADX it appears correct though).

I think it is also possible to not get a CEL, if the fault was really fast it can be logged but no CEL. There are a heap of timers to filter faults, I went through them years ago to work out what was going on and I seem to recall it took a bit of time. It also lets the CEL stay lit for a bit of time after a fault clears.