cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

$12P Knock Logging

Post by Charlescrown »

I need a little help with the knock settings in 12P. The knock count logging settings RPM window and MAP window. What is the best settings for turbo. Also the Map A setting? does it refer to the Map A for ignition and fuel? Thanks in advance.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: $12P Knock Logging

Post by VL400 »

You can leave the window settings as standard, they just define how close the MAP and RPM need to be for the ECU to log to a cell in the table.

Any item labelled map A or map B will be switched with map switch input pin B9. If you ground pin B9 the map B items are used. More info is here .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3051
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

OK thanks VL400. Now I know what they do. I thought they may have played a part in the ECU to use the knock sensor. What are the settings to allow the knock circuit to operate?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Have a look at the ESC settings. Can compare the standard V6 and V8 bins, the V6 has knock sensing enabled while the V8 does not (there is no base HSV bin, which would have knock sensing enabled).

You can still log knock counts without enabling anything, if its enabled then timing starts to get pulled by reacting to the counts.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks. I should have read my notes first. It's all working fine now after a few setting changes. What I am doing is using a VR ECU and Tunerpro to log vital info on my Mitsubishi EVO. After a track day I can then analyse and make any necessary changes to the EVO ECU. It's just a logger for other ECU's. Now it's sorted Ill then setup your logger to make it more palatable for the scrutineers instead of a laptop in the car. Thanks again for all the help and great work.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Nice! Another new application for a '808.