12P Flex Fuel Discussion

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: 12P Flex Fuel Discussion

Post by HQ355 »

Ok stupid question time, why would I need an adjustable regulator ?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

just guru really, but also easiest way (maybe not the cheapest) to get the fuel pressure at 3.5bar with stock fuel rails. Most late model fuel injectors like at least 3.5 bar line pressure. Some LS based ones are over 4 bar I've heard. Gets some alloy AN weld on fittings weld them onto the rear of the rails and braid from there to the reg.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Ok, so new pump, lines, reg and injectors about $1000 for how many killer wasps ? I don't think it's worth it as unless I win lotto there's no upgrades planned as I'd have to do clutch axles and a tru-trac upgrade etc etc so I think il just stick with what I have at the moment :) goes good for what it is, best was when it beat a healthy 351 67 mustang with alloy heads and all the good gear and he didn't believe I had a Holden V8 in it until I lift the bonnet and see's a standard looking motor sitting there :)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

For just a fuel change and a tune touch up I'd say you'd be lucky to get 20kw?? Maybe shave the heads to get the comp up you could get a bit more, but I wouldn't even think you'd see 50. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's more in it. Maybe leave it for another day when something breaks or lets go.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah exactly, and still has the bananas so it prob won't gain much. As I was saying to Vlad last night, I'd never spend the 7-8 grand on group A twins, for 10 grand I'd buy a brand new lsa that would shit all over it and run cooler and handle better and prob even better economy (not that I'm worried bout that ) anyway I've hijacked this thread to much already
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

You'd be suprised how good a ported set of bananas is. Ive just tuned a rebuilt 304 with flat tops mild cam. Stock heads but a single plaine intake. Less power than stock. Ported heads and bananas ready to go on soon and a re tune. No power at all and with a 101kpa baro best we got was 95kpa. Intake is restricting it. If you have a low rpm cam say peak power un 4000rpm nothing wrong with a ported banana. Could even go further and weld on a new neck and maybe a bigger throttle body. Could even cut the bottom out and port the runners all the way down and clean up the castings, now that would be sweet!
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

My bananas have had a tickle, I have a spare one I was going to do just that with, I have opened up the bottom but can't see any of this casting flash everyone talks about ? When I get spare time i'l cut it up some more and open up the base of the runners and give the plenum some more to suit 5.7 instead of 5.0 and fix the neck ! It can't be that bad a design as gen 3's run bananas quite well ! As I said, I have a welder and grinder :)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thats right I've always noticed how similair the LS one's are. Although the plastic would belp with heat.
Just needs the get the air in there better. The LS one's pretty much have no nech TB bolts straight up.
LS1 TPS and IAC are compatible with an 808 hint hint...
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

I hear ya it's just my spare time that isn't compatible lol, when I get the time I'd rather just drive it, I would've love to drive it to watch bigg G at the speedway yesterday, there's some nice Tarmac on the way to Alexandra :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

spend the money on a manifold instead of E85 conversion, thats your best bang for buck move for it i reckon!