Delco PIS firmware soon.. :)

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Jay
cars: VN turbo, LJ Torana turbo, 2 x ZXR 750, Porsche. VK SC14

Delco PIS firmware soon.. :)

Post by Jay »

Hi,
Something you might be interested in.. over the last few months I have written a 100% custom firmware for the 808 delco to make it a more generic ECU. In combination with VL400's NVRAM boards they will be adjustable on the fly. This is a base code to be released under GPL3 :) yep. The source code will be available for your additions :) has wideband support, boost control etc + whatever other folks add. The ECU will operate more like aftermarket ECU's and is not a direct replacement for your car but rather for your created projects. I have been working with Dave J Andruczyk to bring delco compatability in the base of MegaTunix!! Tuner Pro compatibility is just a plug-in away. nice :) I have a tease picture attached :P~

Regards
Jay

Please refrain from contacting Dave for support regarding the MegaTunix & the delco project. Thanks for your understanding you may contact myself instead.
Attachments
soon.jpg
soon.jpg (453.97 KiB) Viewed 15114 times
Holden202T

Re: Delco PIS firmware soon.. :)

Post by Holden202T »

looks pretty cool to me ....

just out of interest, other than having to tune said engine would their be any disadvantages of using this over say $12P etc ?

like are all the factory nice bits still in it ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thats completely awesome. :punk:

808 is good, but I imagine that in time it would be possible to port it to newer ecus too, without starting from scratch?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

sounds great! will it do custom crank triggers?
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi,

holden202:
You can't really compare it with 12P horses for courses I say :). no BCM, tq lockup, etc. Not intended for street use but rather race projects etc. I would think having MegaTunix dashboards and gauge designer to be advantageous :) great for your cheap modified stock car, drag car, boat etc.

antus
Thanks for Antusprom, it was invaluable during development. Yes parts of the code are pretty generic and can be used for other projects the main loop is in C the interpolation math is in asm for speed / size.

ejukated:
In short, not at the moment, however it will , 36-1 wheels etc. with some *magic* ;) I have an ignition system that will be unleashed in due time, it basically lies to the ecu about pulses, so that controls it's fueling yet it can still take the timing commanded by the ECU.

I am looking for a couple of testers, even on the bench will help...

Regards
Jay
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i would be willing to test it in my Gemini ... only thing i see being an issue is at the moment im using 12P flex table to control my electric water pump (thats all the engine has) .... is there anything in this program that i can use ? at the very worst i can wire in a switch to manually control it but would prefer not to if i don't have to.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice work Jay, looking forward to the final product :thumbup:

I can bench test it for you if you want.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thanks guys,

Appreciate it :) I will send some files shortly.

Regards
Jay
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

Hi jay
Id be interested in trying it in my 355 landcruiser for fun

cheers Rod
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi,
You can download the files from http://github.com/torture/PIS as for MegaTunix you can get it direct from Dave's repo as all the PIS support is merged into the main trunk of MTX http://github.com/djandruczyk built binaries will not currently work, it must be compiled with the funky 8192 baud which requires a command line switch during configuration before the build. The PIS code expects to sit from 0x8000 0xffff.

on a linux box:-
to fetch and build PIS you will need a 68hc11 compiler suite installed if yours differs from mine check the README for setting your compiler, linker, etc. and of course for being able to edit settings on the fly you need nvram installed.

git clone http://github.com/Torture/PIS.git
cd PIS
make

the .s19 file is your target

to fetch and build MegaTunix:-

git clone http://github.com/djandruczyk/MegaTunix.git
cd MegaTunix
./autogen.sh --enable-pis --enabled-debug
make
sudo make install

cross compiling mtx for windows is another game but not impossible. There is an .s19 file ready for loading onto an ECU if you get that going (the first thing you will notice when powering the ECU on is the IAC valve will fully retract then move to it's "home" position) but can't figure to get MTX going let me know and I can build a windows installer version.

Regards
Jay