Delco PIS firmware soon.. :)

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: Delco PIS firmware soon.. :)

Post by vn5000 »

Looks like a nice bit of software , now to get it working .
Ive never used linux before,can you run this with windows without to much trouble.From what i gather you convert s19 file to bin file (what size is the converted bin),and then somehow open megatunix with windows and connect to ecm.
Was wondering how to open megatunix in windows , that installer sounds good.
thanks for any help
Jay
cars: VN turbo, LJ Torana turbo, 2 x ZXR 750, Porsche. VK SC14

Post by Jay »

Hello.

yes, MTX runs fine on windows, I'll compile a version for windows in the next couple of days. If your using a willem programmer it will open the s19 file directly. It sits in 32K but most of that is not used at the moment. 0x8000 - 0xffff

Regards
Jay
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi,
you can download a windows installer (untested) from here http://www.mediafire.com/?jh6so9l8cpds9i6

regards
Jay
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Hi Jay
Im keen to try your program looks like youve gone to heaps of effort.
after installing , when i try to open megatunix i get ann error "fail to start application cant find libcairo-2.dll "
Also would you be able to post \ pm an actual bin file instead of the s19 file as im have trouble conveting it and i dont own a willam .Ive tried two convertors and both read it with errors or invalid format.If i remove the first line on your s19 file it recognizes it as s19 but then gets an error on line 931.
thanks
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Hi Jay
Ive got the bin sorted and loaded on an 808 ,seems to be working as iac retracts then moves back to orig position when first power up.
All paramaters match up with xdf file but i had to change the offset in xdf
The only prob i have is i cant get tp5 to connect with the adx.What is the connection string,i noticed you have 3 in the one command.What is the format of the aldl commands ie what is device id ,mode numbers.Itried sending some of the commands in your adx with vl400s flash tool ,but no success
Looking at xdf you can use any number of cyls ,even a two stroke option ,sweet.
Thanks for any help
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

So close to getting this software working but i cant get tuner pro to connect with jays adx.
Looking through the aldl section of code it seems to have numerous device ids ie F6 .
Has anyone else had this adx working or got any idea what the cnnection string might be.
I would post the converted bin but im not sure if jay would mind or not.To convert it download willam software.
Any help appreciated
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi,
Sorry I take a while to get back to you, I only drop past once in a while as time permits. You can of course share your bin file, I don't mind a bit what you or anyone else does with it just mark it with your name or something so that it can be differentiated from something someone else may do, it's gpl because I hope some people look at the C code and hack it and add all the features they and others may want. If the iac is fully retracting and moving home then the code is running fine inside the ecu. There's no trick to connecting via ALDL, infact ALDL is gone as such. There is a basic serial comms routine that's made to work with mtx with minimal changes to mtx's routines. If you were to open a serial terminal program and press 'S' you would be prompted by the ecu with the firmware title:-

const char TITLE[] __attribute__((section(".rom"))) = "PIS firmware (C) 2010 Jason Roughley. pis.controller@gmail.com";

the comms routine is contained in the file interrupt.c

the format for a couple of the other commands are:-

a - return all runtime data structure
w OO OO LL LL DD DD .. - write to calibration memory where OO OO an offset ie. 0x0100 and LL LL is the length and DD is the data to be written so put together to write a value of 0xffff to the first location in the calibration structure the hex based serial string would be:-

0x77 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xff 0xff

reading from the structure is similar 'r' OO OO LL LL
0x72 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x02 - requested data will be returned immediately.

The adx located http://github.com/Torture/PIS/blob/master/delco.adx works fine here for me every time without failure, although I do need to change the seconds clock and irq_tics around :) if your iac is moving and your hardware is working at 8192 there should be no problems to get it going. Also I notice that the MTX I compiled had an issue with slow gui updating and Dave has since fixed it, so i'll pull the changes and do a recompile and post soon. There's also a modifed antusprom there on github under my user name that will allow editing of the calibration real time with tp5.

There's some hints in the README about the delco's control of ignition it's a some what "bent" system. The ecu contains 2 main processing units, one devoted to the ignition system which is not modified, the other being the main cpu can only command what the timing should be, but can't directly detect every sensor pulse or control every coil discharge. My hope is that the firmware evolves to allow a more general use of the ecu in cheap "hack" projects, tune it on the fly, then burn a rom final cost ecu $5, chip $5 fun priceless :)

Regards
Jay
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

if I get bored, I might try it out on my delcoed motorbike engine https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=40#p7800, but my biggest hurdle is getting some example values in the cal. a lot of them, I have no idea what an acceptable range would be, ( or what exactly they do for that matter) so its easier for me to run a bin from a car, then modify what I need to to get it to run decent, it is presently running OSE$12P in 2cyl mode. if any one gets this actually running on an engine decently, can you post the bin so I can have some sort of starting point?.

Antusprom is a thing of the past :D https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590 OSEplugin is much easier and faster. maybe antus can help add support for this to it?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Hmm well it doesnt speak aldl so it's probably not a good fit inside oseplugin, but I could fork it and make a pis firmware only tool. we need a working tp5 adx still though, and oseplugin (or pisplugin hmmm) is more of a hardware glue.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Ive tried commands like 72 80 00 00 02 which from what i can under stand should make the ecu tx 2 bytes of data from add 8000 but it just wont . I noticed in interrupt.c some code relating to the sxr chip and single wire tx/ rx
The only thing that has been written to my nvram has been when i used the adx connect command which wrote f1 60 00 in place of all code and corrupted it.
Im going to give it a go on a 3082 instead of full duplex 808 im using now and see how that goes.
:wall: