2000 3.8l supercharged grand prix gtp any enhanced

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Tyson
cars: 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 1998 Tahoe, 2004 duramax lly, 2008 duramax and meany more I'm a mechanic/tuner

Re: 2000 3.8l supercharged grand prix gtp any enhanced

Post by Tyson »

Yes it supports boost its maf based tiny tuner has lots of tables mapped I believe that there is possibly some roung tables in tiny tuner but lots are good. I've managed to somewhat make my ve table play more of a role in the operation when the maf is active the car works well I just believe that if we had a bigger better ve table it would work much better. Only other problem I'm having is when you disable the maf sensor there is no accel enrichment or decel tables active that I can make work I get a lean spike on accel and rich one one decel almost like the tables switch roles if that makes sense. Everyone says you can't run mafless with these cars there are a lot of tables that need to be changed but mine works really well in speed density it does work better with the maf online but I think the no accel enrichment is the cause. Thx for some interest and any help Tyson
Tyson
cars: 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 1998 Tahoe, 2004 duramax lly, 2008 duramax and meany more I'm a mechanic/tuner

Post by Tyson »

Ok so I've been playing more and trying to figure out how to understand how and y tables are mapped in the tiny tuner and trying to understand the bin file and what's going on now considering others have already mapped 600+ parameter for these cars I can see lots like timming tables and fuel tables and so on my question I guess would be is there tables that tell the ecm the ve table is scaled from 0-140kpa in 10 increments and rpm from 400-6400 in 400 increments and are we able t9 scale it different as I was playing around with my hptuners the other day on my ls pickup I see that's all they are doing to there custom 2bar and 3bar there just starting from 30kpa instead of 0, and then go up in 10 increments instead of 5 increments in the stock cal. was just a theory I had well playing as i would give up some resolution to get the ve table to even 200kpa in are cars as 140kpa is seen even in stock form.apperently are cars ecm is limited to 200kpa anyways so just questions if anyone could be of any help thx Tyson
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I believe table resolution is in the code, not in the calibration, so you'd need to change the code and derive a custom os. That part on its own isnt too bad, but probably different table sizes will require other changes to move things around in the calibration area so you fit your new table. If you want to start supporting more boost you'll start hitting overflows in the code, and will need heavyer code changes to fix or modify the limitations.

To go MAP only you would apply a code change so that the AE isnt cut when the MAF failure is logged, and then you'd mask the CEL so you dont see an error on the dash in the calibration, and you'd unplug the MAF. Ideally you'd find a related code base where these changes are understood and learn from that then see out the same code paths in yours.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

Well cool thx antus there's hope yet wish I was a little better with computer programming but more research and see were I can go with it thx for the inspiration
Highlander
cars: Z06

Post by Highlander »

What exactly do you want to do?
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

Highlander wrote:What exactly do you want to do?
Would really like to run speed density mafless tune but can't figure out how to enable accel enrichment when maf is unplugged other then that it's fine mafless would be cool to have a bigger VE Table but not tottaly needed.