NVRAM problems

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: NVRAM problems

Post by VL400 »

Can you connect to the car (flashtool or TunerPro without the OSE plugin enabled) with the factory memcal fitted? Or if you still have a memcal with the enhanced bin, can you connect to that?
dusto
cars: VE Maloo GXP
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

I can connect to the Ecu with either the NVRAM or the old Memcal in there with the OSE turned off, in tunerpro, but the flashtool when it finally gets a heart beat returns ECU unknown

The screenshots are not mine

both jumpers are on VT and the R/W

i only get the memcal error when the NVRAM is fitted,
all the settings and plugin etc are all per the guide ose1.5

ive attached the Bin file that i am using
L67 e85.BIN
(128 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
ive tried using my spare ecu still no love and also different cables ive had over the years,
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

ive uploaded some screens and log
flastune results.png
flastune results.png (48.21 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
log.txt
OSE Enanced flas tool v1.51
(6.59 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
flastune box.png
flastune box.png (9.06 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
flastune settings.png
tunerpro settings 1.png
tunerpro settings 2.png
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Did you disconnect the battery when you swapped to the nvram
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

Photo of the chip and jumper settings, these have been unchanged since i revived the chip from bigvl

[attachment=0]IMG_20180205_181735.jpg[/attachment
i fitted the nvram with the ecu unplugged from car
Attachments
IMG_20180205_181735.jpg
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

when i put in the original memcal (The1) i can connect to the PCM on the logger v2 mode, it lets me download the BIN and all the other things there
but it just wont connect to the NVRAM and even on logger v2 mode returns the unknown ECU. the cable is the one i got from envious customs so i could calibrate my fuel guage and set the airbag system etc, he made point that a cheaper cable may not stay connected and that could potentially brick your dash or other things you where flashing with it, so i doubt the cable is the problem nor none of my wiring or my current bin,, so no memcal error on my old memcal, same bin but slightly different timing tables, so shouldn't really make any difference to this problem, but as soon as the nvram goes in its memcal error 51

has to be a dodgy NVRAM?
The1

Post by The1 »

Do you have a burner? If so try this guide to read the nvram back after burning and compair

EEPROM Burning Bin Stacking and Verifying Data Guide.pdf

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes, the NVRAM does sound corrupted. You can get a minipro tl866cs programmer pretty cheap from ebay and fix it yourself. This is recommended as you can use it this time and in the future should you need it agian. Failing that biggvl should be able to fix it up, or I can. I'd also recommend keeping RW unset until you have everything working as it can prevent this from occurring while plugging the nvram and/or if the wrong file is accidentally uploaded to the car or the wrong xdf is used etc.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

ill give it a go, i had a cheap one and it was playing up the other day, thats why i went with the nvram,
ill report back soon
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Be super careful lifting the nvram out. Its easy to bend the last pins and they are thin. Use a really small flathead, just in from the ends, and do each end a tiny bit, then the other end etc. It'll want to pop out at one end without taking the other with it.You'll need to hold the free end and then move the still attached end to get it right. Its not impossible you just need a bit of patience and to be ready for it. Also take note of the orientation when you put it back in. The dot goes down the end of the socket with the notch in it, or use your pic above as a reference.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396