Real Time Modded Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: Real Time Modded Factory Bins

Post by Dec_head »

looks good i will be in on vt sc testing at a later date if needed

I notice someone said widebands
does that mean you run two i noticed the sc v6 has two 02 sensors is it really necessary to run two widebands on them for tuning.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

See back on page one, i have updated my original post with some wideband setup info.

I run my wideband on the ecotec after the y piece ... my opinion would be do it that way, get your numbers as they should read on the wideband (from tuning) but also cross reference the narrow bands ... so say you do a WOT run, the wideband reads 12.8:1 now check the two narrowbands, if they are both reading say 820mv at that same point then that probably means both banks are even and shes spot on .... however if your getting 760mv and 880mv on the narrowbands then thats telling me, the overall mixture is ok but one bank is lean and the other is running rich.

in my case i have one bank always about 150mv different to the other bank, i really need to swap the sensors side to side to see if the issue follows the sensors if it does i probably need new ones .... but thats just me :wall:
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Yeah i think my exhaust is twin most of the way standard from memory being suercharged they were different systems it goes single near the diff i'll just keep an eye on the 02 sensors thanks saves buying another wideband.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

wideband will still work that far down the pipe :P
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Is it ok to put one that far back i thought they were supposed to go before the cat converter.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i don't see how it matters, they are heated sensors so should read accurate wherever they are in the exhaust ..... and when you get a dyno done where do they normally put the sensor ?? :)
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Sounds good to me hard to get a definite on why they are usually placed up the front.
Read lots of different dribbling about cat changing the mixture slightly and before the cat gives a more accurate reading and air leaks and turbo heat condensation etc but nothing definite about why it can't be placed further back.
So that's what i'll be doing thanks .
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

probably since placing it further back increases the time ti takes for the gas to reach the sensor (and they can probably use shorter wires)
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Yeah the lead on my sensor is a mile long so should be right takes up a bit of room under the dash at the moment.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

charlay86 wrote:probably since placing it further back increases the time ti takes for the gas to reach the sensor (and they can probably use shorter wires)
thats the only issue i could see