Excel and tunerpro macro capability?

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Excel and tunerpro macro capability?

Post by BARBS »

Hi all.

I use an excel file to do all of my histogram tuning on my 186 using $11p. I also use the spreadsheet for flex fuel adjustments. I am constantly adjusting the tune still and would like to know if there is any ability for excel to use a macro or similar and populate the VE and spark tables in tunerpro for me?

This will cut down a lot of time on the dyno for me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Barbs
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Excel and tunerpro macro capability?

Post by antus »

you can use a calc ve history table in tunerpro for ve, but generally speaking the time delay from when the fuel goes bang and the o2 reaches the sensor to send it to TP, and AE/DE means thats its not really accurate enough to use. You can use it for an idea, but I think you'd still want to average it in excel and apply your own logic to keep what its doing sain. Im sure you could write macros or something to do some smoothing, but im not an excel guru.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Post by BARBS »

Thanks Antus.

The excel sheet I have does all the adjustments to my VE based on the history data from my wideband. It then smoothes it and gives me a new VE to load in. It works really well.

The spreadsheet also gives me a VE based on the measured ethanol content. It's not true flex fuel as I have to update the tune manually but it works ok. The hardest thing here is I have to bbn load the VE on 2 parts and then the spark in 2 parts as they are all on seperate tables in tunerpro. It would be great to have a hotkey setup that does all of the copy and paste for me. I then simply load the tune to the PCM.

I'll keep working on it and let you know how I go.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i dont know what coding would be needed but could you use a macro to directly download certain parts of the tune and import into excel ?

i dare say though that is a whole lot of work to program.