Mag's OSE 12P Thread

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Re: Mag's OSE 12P Thread

Post by mag »

Been doing some more logging and tuning in the hope of a better understand my knock retard issue. Modified the main spark table to limit timing advance to 35 degrees instead of the 40/45 that is typical of the various cals that are supposed to suit a vn S1. Was expecting to reduce the instances of knock retard if the basic advabnce was simply too much.

However what I have found is that there are timing spikes up to 40 degrees when I lift off the throttle. Probably could not see them in earlier logs because the higher basis timing was masking them. The severity of the spike appears to be related to the speed of throttle lift off and the posituon of the spike appears to be related to the point at which TPS reaches zero.

Have not had a chance to see what happens during cruising, the other area where knock retard occurs, but would be interested in comments regarding throttle lift off timing spikes.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

does the oxygen sensor go lean at the same time when you lift off the throttle ?
mag

Post by mag »

No usually rich, high volts.
mag

Post by mag »

Now for really strange timing numbers, on throttle application the timing retards which I believe to be a normal initial reaction to load changes but not a -16 degree spike. Have a number of occurrences that coincide with initial throttle application. Am running OSE_$12P_APNX_V6.bin, OSE_$12PV110.xdf and OSE_$12P_v1.08_1BAR_TP5.adx.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Post a log and it may help diagnose it.
mag

Post by mag »

Here is the short run, longer to follow.
Attachments
local1.zip
(47.14 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
mag

Post by mag »

Might as well add the adx in case I have stuffed up.
Attachments
local _adx.zip
(7.67 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Can you also post up your bin
mag

Post by mag »

This is the version with max advance of 35 degrees, the usual range is 40/46 degrees.
Attachments
anti_knock.zip
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok for starters, i'd suggest updating to the latest version of $12P is a good idea, you are running v1.10 and v1.11 is the latest.

secondly, why are you enabling knock logging at 40 degrees ? there is no need to change this setting.

the change you've made to the DE factor multiplier also is HUGE ... 30 -> 80 ... how did you get to this figure ?

also you have changed the maximum commanded spark in the table, but that has no bearing on multipliers and such that add and subtract from the commended figure....

there are settings to limit maximum retard and advance, they maybe more suitable to stop it commanding more than 35 degress as these are maximum limits!

also i am not sure why you have leaned out the AFR table ?

if i were you i would upload apnx v1.11 to your ecm and start again, if you want to copy your VE table or spark table over go your hardest but alot of the other stuff im just not sure why your even changing some of it ?