Mag's OSE 12P Thread

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Re: Mag's OSE 12P Thread

Post by mag »

What I have endeavored to do is take the parameters from the OEM tune, that appeared to work well in the car, and put them into the $12P.

"secondly, why are you enabling knock logging at 40 degrees ? there is no need to change this setting." my ignorance thought it need to to be this low to work

"the change you've made to the DE factor multiplier also is HUGE ... 30 -> 80 ... how did you get to this figure ?" this is the figure from the OEM tune,

"also you have changed the maximum commanded spark in the table, but that has no bearing on multipliers and such that add and subtract from the commended figure....

there are settings to limit maximum retard and advance, they maybe more suitable to stop it commanding more than 35 degress as these are maximum limits!" I was under the impression that the main spark table was the starting point for the final timing and as I have been getting KR at various times at odd places, it might be best to reduce the basic timing.

"also i am not sure why you have leaned out the AFR table ?" changes from logged BLMs

"if i were you i would upload apnx v1.11 to your ecm and start again, if you want to copy your VE table or spark table over go your hardest but alot of the other stuff im just not sure why your even changing some of it ?" apnx 1.11 and $12P v1.11 differs from v1.10 by that much? It does not matter whether I use the apnx or OEM tune spark and VE tables I still have KR issues.

To be honest the car run runs best on the OEM tune, stable smooth idle at all temps and good performance with good fuel consumption. It has always been to varying degrees worse on any of the $12 v6 tunes even with OEM tables copied over and logging blms. I can accept that I am the problem but I would like to work it out but need to better understand what the individual parameters do.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you are supposed to change the VE table from BLMS .....

so my next question is, what is the OEM tune ?
mag

Post by mag »

I miss read your earlier e-mail, I have not changed AF ratios, I have been changing the VE table using logged blms. The OEM tune is AFTY.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well your AFR table differs to that of the APNX thats in the $12P v1.10 files .... so its either a corrupt bin or you have changed it.
mag

Post by mag »

My apology Holden202, I may have changed the AF ratios to match those of the AFTY bin, again trying to match the $12 tune with the OEM that appears to work better. To may untrain eye the differences do not appear dramatic.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

most of what you have done is probably no big deal .... i am interested to know though what the DE Factor Multiplier does as your tune has a lean spot at 52 seconds in that log that is at the same time as the timing drops sharply to negative numbers ... im just wondering if the DE change has done that or not.

i'm also not sure how the DE stuff effects timing or if its just pulls fuel.
mag

Post by mag »

Thanks Holden202 the coincidence you have noted at 52 seconds is repeated whenever there is a -ve timing transient. And the +ve timing transient coincides with rich mixture also, although AE parameters are unchanged.

Can easily change the DE Factor Multiplier back to 30 and run more logs, will only make this change and do a run. Should get some data for cruise conditions also to see if knock retard has changed.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Try turning off "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option"
mag

Post by mag »

VL400 would you suggest I do this together with the change to DE Factor Multiplier, I am thinking one change at a time.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah try one, if it doesn't fix the issue usually i'd change it back to what it was then try the next thing.