antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: $12 to $12p conversion

Post by antus »

Yes pe and ae are the same thing. The AFR is theory only, not really changed as part of the tune. the VE maps the pressure in the manifold to the amount of air that ends up in the combustion chamber. In an ideal world all the theory would perfectly match reality and fueling would be perfect but because of minor errors in configuration, variance in pressures and parts, the theory doesnt perfectly match reality. Once youve set everything up how it should be measuring target afr vs wideband and modifying VE is the normal way to dial in the fueling. You should do this after your injector rate, dead times etc are setup.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Matadore

Post by Matadore »

Sorry man, think I confused things with that question.

What I meant is, to correct the VE table being too high, can I change the injector flow 0.1 higher and then reduce the entire VE table a known amount and not have it effect the actual tune ie. AFR/wideband reading? Or is there not a direct relationship there and I’m going to have to log and tidy up the whole table after changing the injector flow
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Im not sure if its up or down off the top of my head but yes you can and sometimes need to do that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Matadore

Post by Matadore »

if anyone could share the relationship between the Injector flow and VE table that would be awesome! if i raise the injector flow 0.1 how far should i lower the VE table to maintain the current tune?

please thank you!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its not really a relationship, it is a bit hacky, but it can be necessary. I'd suggest trying it then look on the wideband. You could look at wideband AFRs, then adjust your VE to put the peaks where you need them, then realtime the injector rate to bring the wideband data back to where it was.