LS1 Boost OS - Development

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Re: LS1 Boost Custom OS

Post by bubba2533 »

Yes it’s a PWM signal. Unsure of the frequency, but I would modulate the duty cycle. The EGR uses a PWM signal from the PCM even though it may be a stepper motor internally.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

ALmost all gm code uses egr feedback. It measures the actual egr position and compares it with the commanded position. If there is huge mismatch, an error is triggered. That way the code will know if anything bad happened with the commanded boost[stuck solenoid] and can trigger safety mode on failure, saving the engine.

You will need a solenoid that can provide 0-5v output for its current position.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I've deleted all the EGR code, so none of that logic exists.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
turbo_bu

Post by turbo_bu »

bubba2533 wrote:Yes it’s a PWM signal. Unsure of the frequency, but I would modulate the duty cycle. The EGR uses a PWM signal from the PCM even though it may be a stepper motor internally.
I think a simple comparison of the actual MAP vs. the target boost and then selecting the duty cycle would be enough to make it work. Boost less than target, do nothing ... boost just above target, small duty cycle ... boost greater than ~3 psi above target = higher duty cycle. It would mean another lookup table, or maybe just have like 2 different duty cycles to set (small overshoot, larger overshoot).
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Anyone know what version of EFI Live allows for overlapping .cax tables?

Because I scaled the stock VE table I can't create a .cax that overlaps with their table. They have earlier versions that allowed this, but I'm not sure what version and I'm not sure where to find it.
turbo_bu

Post by turbo_bu »

I am not exactly sure when they made that change, but I use V7.5.7 build 230. I know it's OLD, but it was suggested to me years ago as a good one to stick with because of issues like this. I have copies of the install files if you want ... would just need to figure out how to get them to you.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

turbo_bu wrote:I am not exactly sure when they made that change, but I use V7.5.7 build 230. I know it's OLD, but it was suggested to me years ago as a good one to stick with because of issues like this. I have copies of the install files if you want ... would just need to figure out how to get them to you.
Yeah send me a PM.

Well, I started my truck today for the first time on the new OS. I only idled it because I was bleeding the cooling system, but it ran fine. Need to replace my heater hoses (found a small leak) and determine what is causing a small fuel leak from near the new fuel filter and I'll be able to drive it again.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

I am looking forward to seeing how this "Boost Custom OS" turns out. I am sure you won't be short of testers.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

So I got to looking at the 12212156 OS a couple days ago and it didn't look very different from the 12587603 OS and so I decided to make my code work on that OS.

I think I have it done, but I don't have a vehicle to test on. It would be nice to find someone that is willing to test experimental code. Also I would like that they are familiar with PCM Logger in case a ram address needs logged that is not available via commercial tuning tools.
Stokes1114
cars: 93 K1500, 5.7, 4L60E, 16168625 $E6

Re: LS1 Boost OS

Post by Stokes1114 »

I could test here in a week. I have a spare with 2156 already on it.