LS1 Boost OS - Development

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: LS1 Boost OS - Development

Post by kojab »

Bubba's LS1 Boost OS.png
10 PSI boost so far. 15 PSI to go. Target 25 PSI.

NOTE: This is just a very safe tune at this stage. Testing all tune settings as we increase the boost
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Awesome! Good to hear!

The MAP sensor is capped at 105? I thought it would go up to 255…I’ll have to look into that.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
kojab

Post by kojab »

bubba2533 wrote:Awesome! Good to hear!

The MAP sensor is capped at 105? I thought it would go up to 255…I’ll have to look into that.
The 105 capped is not caused by your LS1 Boost OS. It occurs in any LS1 bin I use. I don't know what is causing this.

I had to make a new formula to get it to read up to 310 kPa in HP Group 5, White Trace
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I found a piece of code that limits that variable. I am doing the same thing because of that.

I could probably swap in a different variable so we could log MAP up to 255 kpa. Not positive, but it might be worth looking into. Even though I plan on running over 255 kpa, so it won't really help me much.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im not sure whats best for this OS, but in the case of the older HC11 processor based software from Delco the map is used for other things internally, and if you let it go out of range high there are other things to patch. I cant say how many. Usually a COS would create a new variable for the actual kpa and leave the old one capped as originally intended. Then any code referencing tables which have been extended to use the higher range are adjusted to use the new variable. This stops things which dont matter seeing the high range and keeps them functioning as intended too. I'd say you'd be best doing this rather than unlocking the stock variable. Then update the VE table to use the new one. This is general advice and food for thought, I dont know exactly the best way in this code base. If its not this, it could be an issue on the code sending the logging pid out, andd internally it might be working fine. Or perhaps the HPT definition needs its range adjusted to plot a wider range from the same data range returned for the pid.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ShorTuning
cars: 2002 Camaro
2002 Formula

Post by ShorTuning »

Just for reference the HPT Custom 2bar and 3bar OS's use a new variable and a new scanner PID that brings the max range up to 320kpa IIRC.

EFILive COS's unlock the standard MAP PID to go up to max value which ends up being 255kpa.
kojab

Post by kojab »

ShorTuning wrote:Just for reference the HPT Custom 2bar and 3bar OS's use a new variable and a new scanner PID that brings the max range up to 320kpa IIRC.

EFILive COS's unlock the standard MAP PID to go up to max value which ends up being 255kpa.
Thanks for that info
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Yeah, I could make a new PID. I'm just not sure anything would actually be able to log it. And if you use PcmLogger you can log whatever you want including the 2-byte map variable that goes the full range of 15-375 kpa.
Boostedforlife

Post by Boostedforlife »

Pcm logger caps at 105 as well. Tried figuring out how to make it go higher but out of my ability at this point. I'll post log in the morning. I know it was building boost because when I shut the throttle I blow a intercooler boot off this afternoon. But the highest in the log was 105 flat. This is with the standard map pid. Not sure on the ram address for the map variable.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Boostedforlife wrote:Pcm logger caps at 105 as well. Tried figuring out how to make it go higher but out of my ability at this point.
Just to be clear so this is not misunderstood by others ...

PCM Logger itself does not cap values!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!