NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: LS1 Boost OS - Development

Post by hsv08 »

checksum error.png

Doesnt seem to want to save anything and i get this error on saving any changes

Will attach XDF I'm trying to use as well as factory file I'm trying to edit
OS12212156 - 2002 512kB PCM - v4.xdf
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Does anybody have a XDF they are willing to share that known to work so i can add the boost patch to it after?
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

I would post in the general LS PCM section. There might be a couple different XDF’s available. I don’t use a P01 pcm so I can’t recommend one.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Managed to get it working. Threw a tune together to get it running. Added the boost OS ( This is a P01 ). Its NA and running a 1 bar Map sensor. Car drives fine. But when on the limiter, it may get a couple seconds or sometimes it will just touch it and shut down. In order to get it to restart you generally have to wait till rpms drop away completely and restart.
The reason im trying to get this to work is i have a heap of customers with burnout cars. For point of difference we are trying to get the spark cut system working as the burnout comps are LS dominated but they ALL sound the same. We need the difference. So its not uncommon for the cars to be sitting on the limiter for a good 10 seconds at a time!.

Its almost as though the dwell doesnt recharge and just shuts down and doesnt charge back up. Or the crank cam signal goes out of sync ( as it will normally also pop and bang if you touch throttle after it shuts itself down)

Ive tried it on two different ecus and two different cars with same results.

Any idea? Nothing looks weird or odd in the logs.

will add a video after this post
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Post up the tune file and any log files you have of the issue. I’ll take a look to make sure the code patch is applied correctly.

I’ve never done any tuning for a burnout specific application. What changes do you make to fueling and ignition timing for sustained spark cut limiter activation?
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

We developed RTLS1 P01 code for burnout competitions where the engine speed can be set to any required RPM cut and recovery. Makes a very interesting sound.
There would be a few burnout cars still out there using it. I wiii be adding this code to the P59 PCM

The same code is easily adopted as a transbrake for electronic solenoid transmissions like the Turbo 400. Not suitable for standard LS1 transmissions which the experts tell is not strong enough.

Bubba I would be happy to pass this code onto you to add to your LS1 Boost OS.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I'd be interested to see the code. The ideal way I would like to do it would be PID loop, but I don't really know if there is a big benefit in it for the amount of work I would have to put into it.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

bubba2533 wrote:Post up the tune file and any log files you have of the issue. I’ll take a look to make sure the code patch is applied correctly.

I’ve never done any tuning for a burnout specific application. What changes do you make to fueling and ignition timing for sustained spark cut limiter activation?
I have HPTuner logs. They don't really pinpoint any issues though. Unfortunately the P01 doesn't have a lot of useful PIDs for spark etc.

Normally it a case of keeping them cool, keeping them a bit fatter in the upper rpm zones and not running wild amounts of timing.
They get a bit of a hard time. But I've got some guys that have run 5-6 years on the same engine untouched, tune only.

Another has done 6000kms... in skid comps!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

kojab wrote:We developed RTLS1 P01 code for burnout competitions where the engine speed can be set to any required RPM cut and recovery. Makes a very interesting sound.
There would be a few burnout cars still out there using it. I wiii be adding this code to the P59 PCM

The same code is easily adopted as a transbrake for electronic solenoid transmissions like the Turbo 400. Not suitable for standard LS1 transmissions which the experts tell is not strong enough.

Bubba I would be happy to pass this code onto you to add to your LS1 Boost OS.
I never got the opportunity to run RTLS1 sadly. But that sounds just like the sort of thing that would be beneficial!
I'm happy to work with you testing etc. I'm fairly sure that I wouldn't be the only one who would benefit from adding that code in.

Happy to switch to a P59, but unsure if you can activate the IAC instead of the FBW (ecu dependant obviously) all our VZ ecus here in NZ use the same ecu that the Pontiac GTO do. So for alot of my jetboat customers using P59, and going to cable throttle, it's just a case of running the GTO OS to activate the IAC drivers.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

bubba2533 wrote:I'd be interested to see the code. The ideal way I would like to do it would be PID loop, but I don't really know if there is a big benefit in it for the amount of work I would have to put into it.
How does the current code work?

I've got such a demand from customers to have a working solution (after seeing the video I put up on my business page of me testing the spark cut on my car) that I'd be willing to help financially with the labour involved to develop such a system..