Need some $12p idle help

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Makeitreal81
cars: Too many:) 85 and 92 camaros and a 04 set focus and 2000 Lexus that's with ecus.

Need some $12p idle help

Post by Makeitreal81 »

So I've got an 85 camaro with 165 us based ecu. I'm running $12p and I have it running, the idle stays at about 14.7 I run a bit richer. As I first start it up it dies and as it warms up randomly it dies then if you put it into gear it'll die shortly after. It's like the iac during adjustment doesn't know what to do is there an adjustment to make the iac react better or am I missing something else?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Need some $12p idle help

Post by antus »

It sounds like your VE table is out. Do you have a wideband? You want to limp the car enough to warm it up, make sure your injector data is correct (opening time vs voltage and flow rate), and then tune your VE from wideband so target AFR is close to wideband AFR. Once thats right if you find your engine needs more fuel at idle you can adjust the idle AFR tables to richen it up a little. Typically idle is the hardest part to get right as the injectors are on their lower limits and incorrect fuel delivery data makes more of a difference as a percentage of total fuel delivery required.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Makeitreal81
cars: Too many:) 85 and 92 camaros and a 04 set focus and 2000 Lexus that's with ecus.

Post by Makeitreal81 »

Sorry I meant to be specific. At idle my wideband is reading 14-14.7 which is where it should be. I have the wideband and baro map hooked up. I did the calculator for ve it came out at like .104 when I set it there I was running super rich 10:1 tune it down with live tuning to .0557 which is what it liked. If you Rev it up it will come down idle for 10-15 seconds then die not every time ether. Then you put it into gear it'll find its idle run for 10-15 seconds then die. It's like the iac doesn't know what to do. I've also tried adjusting timing and that's done nothing (both in software and physically). It's just really weird that it finds its idle then dies. If it died as idle came down or when first shifted into gear I know what to look for. This is confusing me and I was going through different things shifting them and seeing if I could get it to change.
Makeitreal81

Post by Makeitreal81 »

OK I think I might have something! Map reading data log shows 39 kpa (11ish inhg) I hook up my vacuum gauge it and it reads 20-25 inHg so now I'm going through the definitions to find a scale to change the readings in data log cause it's reading half what it should be.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

It would help a lot if you put a log & bin up.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Makeitreal81

Post by Makeitreal81 »

I gotta throw some gas in it. Then I'll get a log.
Makeitreal81

Post by Makeitreal81 »

logging dieing.xdl
(178.59 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Please don't make fun I'm new to all this, but I'm doing my best to figure it out. I turned up the overall ve then tuned down the map ve and that seemed to help for awhile. It does seem to be way to rich at start up. I had found this bin to help me get a start. I appreciate any help!!
Attachments
350TPI landcruiser blah.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

on my phone so havnt looked at the above but as for reading half map make sure the flags in 12p are set to configure the right type of sensor (1 2 or 3 bar) to match your hardware and also make sure your using the right adx for logging that type of sensor. there is a different one for 1 2 or 3 bar. the flags are needed for the ecm to read it correctly and the adx is needed for the pc to show it correctly.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Makeitreal81

Post by Makeitreal81 »

Pretty sure I have that all set correctly. I'm grabbing 5 gallons of gas. I only had a gallon to throw in and then I'm going to see what I can find should I be using wide band ve learn?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

No, the wideband learn doesnt work all that well, and tends to make the VE spikey then amplify those spikes. If you dont have a dyno your better off taking some logs of driving around changing speed not too fast so you get a couple of samples in each cell, then once you've collected the data use the histogram average function and you choice of data, perhaps calcve if you used the calcve adx. Then use the monitors to overlay target and wideband AFR and look for where its the worst. Use the bubble trace to click on the monitor and show you which part of the VE table that is, and look to the histogram to see how much correction is needed in that area. You can use the 3d chart view to grab a couple of points and drag them together, or the other table functions to move a number of cells at a time and then smooth that in to the rest of your VE table. Save your bin each time so you can back out a batch of changes, and after each batch of changes repeat the process to see how close your getting.