Tune is close to done but i have some anomalies, help!

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Tune is close to done but i have some anomalies, help!

Post by Mr DOHC »

Hi

the tune on my 355 VP is getting close to done but i'm getting some weird stuff that i cant seem to work out why they're happening, nor can i work out how to tune them out.
Last log file is below.

At 1:50 i have some spark jumping around from 28.8 to 23.6 degrees, but when in the tracing bubble, it show its between the 27 and 29 degree cells only. what other part of the tune could be pulling it out?
tune1.PNG
tune1.PNG (14.33 KiB) Viewed 1915 times

23:50, when I quickly snap open the throttle, it just goes lean and it knocks and takes out a huge amount of timing. What settings in the AE would i need to stop this from happening, already bumped this up from factory by maybe 20%, do i just keep ramping this up?
You can see a similar thing at 24:50 when i hit the throttle and feather it, on the feather it goes lean a bit and knocks. and 26:01
tune2.PNG
tune2.PNG (13.28 KiB) Viewed 1915 times

Can someone explain what the value in the VE table is doing here:
At 27:40, when i cruise along at zero throttle, its at 41VE, 1200rpm and the value in the table is around 43, AFR is a steady 13.9-14.0.
Then when i gently grab the throttle again, it moves to 48VE, 1400rpm and the value is 50, but the AFR is 16.8:1
So why at only 5% throttle and barely a rise in the VE and RPM, with a higher VE value does it go so much leaner?

Log:
4g.xdl
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Tune:
New Maloo V4.0.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
XDF: OSE12P V112 - 1,2 AND 3 BAR
'quipt4it

Re: Tune is close to done but i have some anomalies, help!

Post by 'quipt4it »

The idle spark variation comes from the idle spark table adjustment trying to meet your idle RPM target. It will vary spark to try to keep the idle steady.
At one point in the log, the idle 'drops' to 790 RPM while the Spark Advance goes up to 29.9 degs.
You may have to adjust your IAC settings to bring the target closer.
The AE multiplier vs RPM table could be bumped up some. I would add 0.20 from 2400 to 4800 RPM.
Also the transient AE Gain vs Delta Manifold fuel could use some extra. In $11P 0.28 is the factory setting on all breakpoints.
You are getting some big swings in the O2 millivolt readings, even while idling. Are all the connections secure?
Attachments
4tune1.jpg
4tune.jpg
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Re: Tune is close to done but i have some anomalies, help!

Post by Mr DOHC »

'quipt4it wrote:The idle spark variation comes from the idle spark table adjustment trying to meet your idle RPM target. It will vary spark to try to keep the idle steady.
At one point in the log, the idle 'drops' to 790 RPM while the Spark Advance goes up to 29.9 degs.
You may have to adjust your IAC settings to bring the target closer.
ok, i'll look into that more.
The AE multiplier vs RPM table could be bumped up some. I would add 0.20 from 2400 to 4800 RPM.
ok, wasnt sure how much that should be moved

Also the transient AE Gain vs Delta Manifold fuel could use some extra. In $11P 0.28 is the factory setting on all breakpoints.
Never played with that, i'll play with it.
You are getting some big swings in the O2 millivolt readings, even while idling. Are all the connections secure?
thats the digital output from the Spartan 2, ive heard that you dont even need to have it put into the ECU if you have the WB option ticked.
I wonder if that connection is dicky

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/ ... 8547542903