OSE12Pro A/F Maps

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Ken

Re: OSE12Pro A/F Maps

Post by Ken »

antus wrote:Dont feel guilty, just hang around and keep learning and once you're up to speed answer someone elses question when you know the answer and you see it first. :thumbup:
That's the plan. ;)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

antus wrote:Yeah most likely. I'd call that porcupine, not saw tooth, and I wouldnt use it as a base. You'd be far better off reading Holden202Ts of how he did it, and modify a stock tune to suit yourself.
When i did the v6 sprint car i was able to get the tune right with really only touching half a dozen tables....

really other than fuel and spark tables there wasn't alot needed to change from a stock tune.

certainly no need to over complicate things, i'd certainly agree with antus get a stock bin and start from scratch, you'll spend alot less time chasing your tail that way!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Sorry to come in late, are you tuning a wingless sprint?
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm in Sydney atm doing rounds of carb tunes for the regular engine builders I do work for, I probably wont get much time to login for the next couple of weeks til I catch up, I did get a reply regarding specs associated with the fuel and exhaust side of things.
Has 1-5/8" pipes, roughly 22" long .
Siemens injector #107961 @ 55-60lbs.
Holden202T wrote:When i did the v6 sprint car i was able to get the tune right with really only touching half a dozen tables....

really other than fuel and spark tables there wasn't alot needed to change from a stock tune.

certainly no need to over complicate things, i'd certainly agree with antus get a stock bin and start from scratch, you'll spend alot less time chasing your tail that way!
Yeah that's the current plan of attack.
Dylan wrote:Sorry to come in late, are you tuning a wingless sprint?
It is.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

As Holden 202T said, I've done a few of these now as well. Stock tune, set to methanol AFR's, set for injectors. Then re calibrate the VE table and spark table and you're set.

Besides the methanol and injector changes you're really only changing 3 or 4 tables max. Remembering they're a stock engine.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i did play with a few other things later on down the track, like the afr enrichment and decay stuff at hot starts etc, cause they were having an issue where they flog it around for 20 laps, someone rolls, so they red light it, this means pull up asap and turn the thing off, then it sits for 5 minutes on the track and they then re-start in gear, they were getting issues of it staying rich for too long while trying to get going again ....

but this might just be personal preference of the person in the car .....

they also wanted higher idle for that reason too - for those that dont know, sprintcars have a direct drive to the diff and they have a lever to disengage the diff to free wheel it, but they have to then stop, turn the motor off, engage diff, then re-start on the starter motor. (normally a V8 sprintcar is push started in gear)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Holden202T wrote:i did play with a few other things later on down the track, like the afr enrichment and decay stuff at hot starts etc, cause they were having an issue where they flog it around for 20 laps, someone rolls, so they red light it, this means pull up asap and turn the thing off, then it sits for 5 minutes on the track and they then re-start in gear, they were getting issues of it staying rich for too long while trying to get going again ....

but this might just be personal preference of the person in the car .....

they also wanted higher idle for that reason too - for those that dont know, sprintcars have a direct drive to the diff and they have a lever to disengage the diff to free wheel it, but they have to then stop, turn the motor off, engage diff, then re-start on the starter motor. (normally a V8 sprintcar is push started in gear)
I guess you didn't make changes to 33 scalars then, that's what I've found so far in the one I pulled from the ecu the fellow was running, I've yet to determine what does and doesn't remain changed.

His one..
Sway_Scalars.PNG
STD
STD_Scalars.PNG
I'm seriously regretting taking the job on, what time I do have whilst here in Sydney atm is getting raped hard, time spent working this shit out is doing my head in.
I'm supposed to be dynoing this tomorrow, hoping I can put it back a day or 2.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

alot of the changes are just not needed, like VE learn, only works with a wideband, blm wont work if theres no oxygen sensor, lean cruise will probably never be an issue either as it needs a speed sensor.

anyways, yeah weather you start from scratch or not is up to you i guess.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Holden202T wrote:alot of the changes are just not needed, like VE learn, only works with a wideband, blm wont work if theres no oxygen sensor, lean cruise will probably never be an issue either as it needs a speed sensor.

anyways, yeah weather you start from scratch or not is up to you i guess.
My intention was to start from scratch, though was also to see what was done beforehand and work out what was junk and what wasn't.
I've made what I think is a starting point, though someone will no doubt find issues with it.
From what time I have to read {2/10's of nothing} and what I've seen others alter, this is what I thrown together as a starting point, any further editing tips appreciated.
OSE $12P V112 APNX V6_Start.zip
(17.41 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it looks ok to me!