willem programmer help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
djbrooksy

willem programmer help

Post by djbrooksy »

hi guys got a noob problem
my programmer turned up today this is the one i got
now the tools forgot to send the software for it.
i have had a look at willem.org but i have no clue as to what files i need
if someone can point me in the right it would be a great help to me

cheers
mick
Last edited by djbrooksy on Wed May 13, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayme

Re: millem programmer help

Post by Jayme »

yep, same thing happened to me, apparently the chinese post confiscate cds from packages quite regularly.
Iim pretty sure I used 97g. the diff letterings are just later versions.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

YIP 97g os one of the more stable versions.you will allso need port95nt parrallel port driver installer found on the net easy as just google it.allso goto control panel ,system,device manager select LPT port and turn off plug and play and allso turn off print spooling tends to make the willem cycle the programming lights and bugger up your burns if you dont get the chip out fast enough.if you need any help just ask most of us have been there many times before.allso click in the willem software on willem up the top and make it PCB3 as it wont go on willem if its the new version which it will be
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you want the software i have it here:

http://www.oldholdens.com/temp/willem/

its got the 97g and the port95 aswell.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

some versions have issues verifying chips ive found 97g doesnt like 27C010's just found this out now so i used 97ja worked sweet where 97ja wont verify a 27C512 so shes a bit of pick and choose sometimes allso 97ja when programming dallas srams you need to pull the sram out fast when it finishes the verify or it cycles the lights and corrupts the burn j7g doesnt do this.i forgot the version i used to use when i reloaded windows but i never used that version for 27c010's anyway.this pc has allways been funny with my willem its a lot better than it used to be :D ejucated has issues with verifys with all but one version he does mostly 27C010's too so yeah if you cant get it to verify after a burn try another version
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

must be something with the hardware you have, i've never had any of these issues you are getting!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah i think i might have to check them settings for the LPT in the bios you were saying about wonder what would be best for the willem i never use the LPT for anything else.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i can't remember, epp or something, whatever the standard option is thats the one you want.... i know my bios has info of what each option is!
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

thatnks guys will have a bit of a play later will let you know how you go
delcowizzid

Re: willem programmer help

Post by delcowizzid »

how did you go mate get a chip cooked all good