wrong ecu fitted or is it a direct swap ecu

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
delcowizzid

wrong ecu fitted or is it a direct swap ecu

Post by delcowizzid »

well today a mate got his vp calias 5.0 for his donor engine and it wasnt running like it used to so we take a look set timing give it all a good checkover went for a drive not that great. then looked at the ecu and it had a 1227303 in it not 808 LOL has the vn NZ memcal ARHS .autosparky just swapped ecu's to fix a no run situation and he must of fitted it has a sticker that says "ignition box computer pontiac le mans 88 onwards lol.ive looked online to see if it crossreferences to the 808 but no luck i know some pins must be wrong cause the aircon hasnt worked since the ecu was swapped.slapped in an 808 out of the altered and it sounds different and revs different but we ran out of time for a test drive have to see what it goes like tomorrow anyone know if its like a 1227165-808 compatiblity
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
darcy

Re: wrong ecu fitted or is it a direct swap ecu

Post by darcy »

hey declowizzid

http://wiki.3400z24.com/1227303 says it's same as a '752 (minus quad drivers), which is a '165 in a short case

sounds like a $12P possibility....
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Digging an old post as I found this ecu again today while looking for an 808.it has the uart chip but missing the quad drivers and a bunch of diodes beside the driver
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Looking at the cross reference, it seems it was only ever fitted on 4 cylinders.. maybe the software is compatible but the hardware cant run a 6 or 8 cyl?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Might load up 12p and see if I can log it lol