Speedo Correctors

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: Speedo Correctors

Post by jca »

I spent today trying to get one of these jaycar units to work on a vn but it does nothing i wish i had read this post before buying it lol but im guessing no one has managed to get it working on a vn?
Skullator1
cars: HJ UTE

Post by Skullator1 »

VR speedo in HJ Ute with a T5 No flashing led.
I bought two of these units for 2 different cars. neither work.....sooooooo glad i wasted the money.
PaulR
cars: VS 355

Post by PaulR »

scott52 wrote:
Jayme wrote:so I had a play with one of these jaycar units on my bench just now. a mate had the issue of not being able to get it to read the square wave output of an Auto pcm to the dash, and ended buying a more expensive unit. I have a need to do this myself now for another mate who had already bought the jaycar unit. he gave it to me to have a play.

so I set up a VT auto pcm. I put a sine wave signal generator on the speedo input to the pcm and set it to read about 45kmh on the tunerpro dash. I then took the PCM output wire to the dash and hooked up to the jaycar unit. the red led signifying it has a signal wouldnt flash (same problem my other mate had) so I pulled out a 1k resistor and pulled the input pin to earth, still nothing. pulled it up to 12v and boom. signal works!! so anyone having issues reading square wave, give a 1k pullup to 12v a shot. it works for me!
Jayme I've been driving myself mad trying to get the AA0376 to work on my two track bikes. Maybe you can give me some ideas. Both bikes use hall effect sensors on the final drive gear ... 2008 Honda CBR600RR and 2010 Suzuki GSXR750.

I've been using the older DIY version for 7 years on the CBR with no problems. It works famously. In fact I've built about 5 of the old DIY units over the last 10 years for bikes and cars and they've always worked well.

I bought the AA0376 for the GSXR but it will not detect the signal. I put the old DIY unit on and the signal is detected within a few seconds. So at present I'm swapping the old unit backwards and forwards between the two bikes and it's a pain. I like the compact size of the new prebuilt AA0376 as it fits under the seats nicely so I'd really like to get it working.

I tried the 1K resistor from the input to 12V and also to earth and none were successful. I've tried all combinations of links and settings and not a glimmer from that bloody red LED.

Regards, Scott
Ever Get the new Jaycar unit to work? I Been doing some testing on the bench, I have one of the old Build yourself one and that works no problems.
I can hook the new Jaycar one up to a pulse generator i made at tafe to check speedos, and it works - not the smoothest but it will change the output ok.
If i hook it up to a commodore T5 speed sensor and spin it up with a drill - wont flash!! Checked the two signals with a scope and they look the same, Stuffed around for ages tried resistors etc nothing!! Thinking the new unit is just shit!!
PaulR
cars: VS 355

Post by PaulR »

Heres a screenshot from the scope Top one is the commodore speed signal, bottom one is from a pulse generator. Only works with the Bottom one?
Attachments
Speedo signals.JPG