Re: Speedo Correctors

Post by UCMatt »

Hi Dylan,
Reluctor in and Hall out works fine.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thats good to no especially for the price.
Any mods to enable this feature? Probably should of read the instructions. Good job for later.
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

No mods, just set the jumpers as per the instructions.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I just read the instructions. How did you set this to achieve the inductive in, hall out?
Some of the terms are a bit chinese to me sorry. I need to get a signal from a T56 to talk to a 808.
UCMatt
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

You are right - the manual is pretty ordinary.
Set the input jumper to 8V2 and the output to pull down and it will work fine with a reluctor Input driving an 808.

How many pulses per rev does the T56 produce? If it is 40 like the reluctors in the auto's you will have to apply some serious correction to get it back down to the input frequency range of an 808. With the corrector set to its maximum of 99% it basically divides by 2.
You may still have to build another divider yo get it into the range you need.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate. Im not sure on the pulse output of the T56. Looks like a market here for VL400 to make a REAL product for this.
Selectable input and output option and change signal type all by jumpers. And some setioys pulse count adjustment.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

UCMatt, did you have any issues getting it to pick up the input signal? Did you test it with a real VSS or with an output on the bench?

A mate just bought one for his VP, and it doesn't seem to recognise any input. S1 and S2 are set to 2 and A as described. We note that when setting to F to change up/down adjustment the LED flashes either once or twice to confirm as the manual describes, so it seems like its working to some extent, and the voltage reg seems to have good output. No matter what we do the LED does not light up to indicate input is working.

(The speedo does work and we've tried two known good VSS which also test good)

The wires are switched (red = output, black = input) on this board also.
UCMatt
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

Double check the input/output wires on the corrector.
The red and black were transposed on mine - input was going to output.
Took me a while to find that one. The input is actually marked on the board.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Thanks, yeah the wires are backwards from the instructions but shown correctly on the box cover. Definitely have them the right way around, have traced them on the board to double check even. Guess it must just be a dud... :thumbdown:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

UCMatt wrote:You are right - the manual is pretty ordinary.
Set the input jumper to 8V2 and the output to pull down and it will work fine with a reluctor Input driving an 808.

How many pulses per rev does the T56 produce? If it is 40 like the reluctors in the auto's you will have to apply some serious correction to get it back down to the input frequency range of an 808. With the corrector set to its maximum of 99% it basically divides by 2.
You may still have to build another divider yo get it into the range you need.

?? just set the PPK in the 808.

i have got signal going straight from vss to 808 and i just set the ppk to 6400? and it reads correct speed now.

default ppk is 1250.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.