Speedo Correctors

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Jayme

Re: Speedo Correctors

Post by Jayme »

getting 808 to read correct wont help the dash speedo though......
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

doesn't the dash read 6400 already?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Typical. I had also emailed jaycar, back before everyone else in this thread said they had too. I assumed the email had been thrown in the bit bucket, but they came back to me today with the manual in PDF form! Nice work guys, could have been a bit sooner though!
Attachments
User Manual AA0376.pdf
(126.41 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I got the same email yesterday haha....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

as they say, better late than never!
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Well tried everything with the Jaycar unit and it wouldn't read the VN/VP hall effect sensor. Traced the circuits on the board just to make sure everything was wired right, tried bench testing with a different hall effect sensor etc. Mate took it back to Jaycar and got another, same problem. Bad batch maybe?

He gave up and bought a Yellow Box as per the original post in this thread, works first go. Costs more but has more features including outputting a test signal while sitting still, much finer adjustment, is a nicer unit physically and has a 10 year warranty to boot.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so I had a play with one of these jaycar units on my bench just now. a mate had the issue of not being able to get it to read the square wave output of an Auto pcm to the dash, and ended buying a more expensive unit. I have a need to do this myself now for another mate who had already bought the jaycar unit. he gave it to me to have a play.

so I set up a VT auto pcm. I put a sine wave signal generator on the speedo input to the pcm and set it to read about 45kmh on the tunerpro dash. I then took the PCM output wire to the dash and hooked up to the jaycar unit. the red led signifying it has a signal wouldnt flash (same problem my other mate had) so I pulled out a 1k resistor and pulled the input pin to earth, still nothing. pulled it up to 12v and boom. signal works!! so anyone having issues reading square wave, give a 1k pullup to 12v a shot. it works for me!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

did you swap the links on the board trying to get a signal ive used the old version on vt fine but needed to getr the right jumper
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

There's not many links to swap. But yes I tried them all. No help.
scott52
cars: Mercedes 2009 W204 C320CDI
Mercedes 2006 W639 Vito 115CDI LWB
VW 2011 Polo 6R TSI

Post by scott52 »

Jayme wrote:so I had a play with one of these jaycar units on my bench just now. a mate had the issue of not being able to get it to read the square wave output of an Auto pcm to the dash, and ended buying a more expensive unit. I have a need to do this myself now for another mate who had already bought the jaycar unit. he gave it to me to have a play.

so I set up a VT auto pcm. I put a sine wave signal generator on the speedo input to the pcm and set it to read about 45kmh on the tunerpro dash. I then took the PCM output wire to the dash and hooked up to the jaycar unit. the red led signifying it has a signal wouldnt flash (same problem my other mate had) so I pulled out a 1k resistor and pulled the input pin to earth, still nothing. pulled it up to 12v and boom. signal works!! so anyone having issues reading square wave, give a 1k pullup to 12v a shot. it works for me!
Jayme I've been driving myself mad trying to get the AA0376 to work on my two track bikes. Maybe you can give me some ideas. Both bikes use hall effect sensors on the final drive gear ... 2008 Honda CBR600RR and 2010 Suzuki GSXR750.

I've been using the older DIY version for 7 years on the CBR with no problems. It works famously. In fact I've built about 5 of the old DIY units over the last 10 years for bikes and cars and they've always worked well.

I bought the AA0376 for the GSXR but it will not detect the signal. I put the old DIY unit on and the signal is detected within a few seconds. So at present I'm swapping the old unit backwards and forwards between the two bikes and it's a pain. I like the compact size of the new prebuilt AA0376 as it fits under the seats nicely so I'd really like to get it working.

I tried the 1K resistor from the input to 12V and also to earth and none were successful. I've tried all combinations of links and settings and not a glimmer from that bloody red LED.

Regards, Scott