ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by OZ38 »

Holden202T wrote:yep, plug the device into the PC, find the adx and load it in tunerpro, change the setting then save.
So are you saying plug my tablet into my PC or laptop ?
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Had another go with the ALDLDroid on the VY V6.
Failed.
Tried changing different settings to see if I could get a clean data screen reading. But no change, if anything it end up worse off when I reset dash defaults to adx.
Lost the dash looking dials of the first screen & no way could i get them back.

Might try deleting all the ADX's relating to the VX-VY flash V6 & reload to see if that changes any of the results.
PaulR
cars: VS 355

Post by PaulR »

Anyone using this app with bluetooth? if so what bluetooth adaptor works? am using the app now but with a cable
Steve11011011
cars: VT Calais 3.8L V6

Post by Steve11011011 »

I have been using the ALDLdroid app with a 1320electronics bluetooth adapter.

It did work fine when I bought it last year, but I am having trouble at the moment after some software updates.
It certainly does not look like a problem with the cable (log files from the app show it is still receiving correct data). Currently in the process of talking to the developer and trying to find a solution.

Short answer, Yes, the bluetooth cables do work (at least the 1320electronics one anyhow).
LM666
cars: VX Calais

Post by LM666 »

I personally brought this so i can use it on the NVRAM. Sadly when i connect all i get is grabage.

Using The1's Enhanced bin and supplied adx so got me stumped. Happy to shout a drink (or several) if somebody can figure what im doing wrong

Debug Log
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

I like this App very much and have been using it successfully on a tablet. Recently I bought a Andriod 9.1 Head unit for my car and installed the same ALDLdroid app
but can't add my ADX as I can't find the adx folder or any of the required folders. I am familiar with the folder structure but for some reason it appears to be hidden.
The app appears to run in this Andriod 9.1 Head unit as I see other adx's in the list. Would installing a .APK version solve the problem? I should add Head unit
has a standard USB A female socket. Could it be that this new head unit running Andriod 9.1 is not compatible with the ALDLdroid app?

Appreciate any help
3400tZ
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

It should be a folder path that looks like this: /Android/data/com.sgiroux.aldldroid/adx. Android changed things and I had to adapt the folder path to support their new things, thats a year or two ago I believe
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Thank you Sébastien. You have made my day. Working great on my new Head unit.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Went through the 30 plus pages on this thread, but couldn't find any info to help me.
Had this working last year tho have tried to fire. Up aldl droid on my Android phone everything hardware wise is the same as last year but I can't connect in the app to my car through aldl usb Interface I bought of here.

Had a look in my aldl droid my data stream file is selected as 2bar 11p as it is. Don't know what else I'm missing
3400tZ
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Post by 3400tZ »

What is the message at the bottom left of the screen saying when you try to connect to your ECU ?