ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

Got a new phone yesterday (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) and I've always been going to get this app after seeing a post from Antus on it and reading the development thread on gear head I think it is.

What an amazing app, works a treat on 12P. I have a Samsung tablet as well but it needs a different USB OTG cable.
No more laptop and charger just to get a log. It can flash tunes as well but I haven't tried that yet.
Using a USB interface from VL400 was just plug and play to easy.

Man this stuffs come a long way since Kalmaker. I remember when that was the ducks nuts.
I had SP3 but it turned me off tuning made it to hard.

Anyone else running this app?
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by HQ355 »

No I'm not running it but I'm getting a new Samsung in the next day or 2, what's the app called and what will I need ? Cheers for the heads up !
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

ALDLDROID I just loaded 12P xdf adx and my bin. I already had VL400's USB interface.
Got a USB OTG lead from local leading edge $10. (Google USB On The Go) and good to go.
Only catch is $20 for the app but I think it's worth it. I can now leave the laptop at home if I'm just wanting to get a log.
It can real time tune but probably best to leave tuning to tuner pro, although a tablet would be better than a phone.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Just a heads up it cant read or write bins. Only if you have your bin on the device you can log and edit to try later.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Just noticed that actually, chip burning with Moates gear. Im not familiar eith his gear.
Flashing NVRAM would just top it off for me.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Grabbed a copy a while ago but haven't had a chance to use it yet... my tablet has a clamshell keyboard dock that gives extra battery power and standard USB ports so it should work well.

With regard to the Moates gear I have an Autoprom which I bought just before the hardware was available here (doh). I find its pretty good though, I use it with $12P on an '082/'305 mostly.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Theres nothing specific about the moats gear, you just need a way to read and write bins. You can do that with the flash tool, moats gear, a gq4x, eeprom, eprom + a uv eraser etc. I asked the author about supporing ALDL read/write a while ago but he wasnt interested at that time. Maybe some others should ask him also. If he says yes, we can give him details of the protocol.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I will email him. In his development thread i see it was talked about.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Been emailing the owner. Very honest and blunt couple of emails good on him for not mucking around.
Not interested in any further development although he acknowledges ALDL read and write is possible.

And one important thing I missed in his development notes that he dropped the xdl format support for the log files.

Get what you pay for another thumbs up for VL400 loggers.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have only used it a few times, but was impressed. Not as tailored for our hardware but worked well.

I had a few PM's with the developer a few months ago when he was wanting to add xdl logging but needed the xdl file format. Last convo he had it pretty close, so was expecting it in a release. And to stay as a feature!