Fault Code 47 & 49 VX $A5k

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VX L67 Getrag

Fault Code 47 & 49 VX $A5k

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I was just wondering if anyone has ever struck a car that has error code 47 (18x input missing or grounded) & then a second later logs code 49 (cam/crank signal error) but doesn't seem to actually cause any issue's.

I haven't tried changing the sensor's yet but been told they have been replaced & took the tape off wiring to sensors & visually looks ok, without using a oscilloscope is there a way of testing the signals with log files?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Fault Code 47 & 49 VX $A5k

Post by antus »

It sounds like a signal quality issue to me, and the source of that problem might be hard to find. Im not sure whats in the adx, but check for any sync flags and momentary frame with loss of sync. Of course it could be so quick you dont even see it. Not logging trans for higher frame rate would improve your chances, but seeing it doesnt really point you to the source of the problem if its not the module itself or dirty connectors.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Not saying it's the case with yours but I had a V6 a couple of months ago brought in running rough, backfiring etc.
Customer had done everything, injectors MAF gaskets ignition module coil leads crank angle sensor etc etc.

It had been fitted with a brand new out of the box non genuine crank angle sensor.
Put it on the scope, the 18x signal was terrible. Signals missing or not staying on for the whole duration of that tooth.
Put a new quality crank angle sensor on and instantly fixed.

Not sure what brand or where the customer got the sensor, but just warning there is very poor quality sensors out there for sale.

I'll see if I can dig up some photos I took at the time.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Here is a photo of the dud sensor part number:
IMG_7410.JPG
MrModule.com.au
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

IMG_7409.JPG
IMG_7403.JPG
And some photos comparing signal from the bad sensor to the new one we fitted
MrModule.com.au
The1

Post by The1 »

ive seen that plenty of times with aftermarket cas's id never skimp on anything get genuine holden or delphi.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Damn, can't argue with that info. Thanks for sharing.

I too recommend genuine when it comes to ignition components. Learnt my lesson using generic parts (coil) from my local supplier :(
The1

Post by The1 »

ive seen the same also with narrowband o2 sensors, NGK, NTK, Bosch and others under a scope are horrible and slow and have low crosscounts, Delphi or Genuine Holden are alot better. Ive even had dead bosch o2's out of the box or that have been so lazy they set the codes again.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Wow, no problem with actual electrical noise, just completely out of spec length of the pulses in the signal! Thanks for posting that, exactly the very useful info we need but which is rarely available. The actual signal is probably discarded or filtered by the pcm as spikes of electrical noise.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
wozza
cars: VR commodore

Post by wozza »

The1 wrote:ive seen the same also with narrowband o2 sensors, NGK, NTK, Bosch and others under a scope are horrible and slow and have low crosscounts, Delphi or Genuine Holden are alot better. Ive even had dead bosch o2's out of the box or that have been so lazy they set the codes again.
anyway of telling if gen delphi?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VR-3-8-L-V6- ... SwCGVX5S1z