Target afr vs Wideband afr?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Target afr vs Wideband afr?

Post by Wade »

Another thing I just noticed. With the fuel pressure regulator the guage stays steady at idle and slowly increases if I slowly increase throttle. But if I give it a good rev the fuel pressure is pretty much all over the place, doesn't know what it's doing
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The logged injector BPW is the required fuel amount in the pulse, the actual pulse width to the injector is opening time + BPW. But with large injectors its important to get the single and double fire setup properly.

More vacuum should be lower fuel pressure, higher load/MAP a higher fuel pressure. Giving it a rev will make the fuel pressure vary a bit and would be hard to correlate to MAP.

Also in the log you posted sometime back in this thread, DE is still active and is likely your lean spike on closing the throttle - its not a bad thing. Watch the item in thhhe log "Decel Enleanment Applied to BPW".

Change the item in your bin "Decel Enleanment Param - DE delta throttle angle threshold" to 0.02 and it will stop DE kicking in so much at cruise (as the TPS flickers between values).

Make sure the option flag "Map x: set=Update Baro During Run, clear=Only Update Baro When Engine Off" is clear. Your baro is maxed out.
Wade

Post by Wade »

It likes to idle around 50kpa at around 26deg of timing. I'll set the single fire like I think the way you suggested 2.0 an 2.2. I'll have to look into why the update during run isn't working. I untucked that and ticked the ve multiplayer one
Wade

Post by Wade »

Update Baro during run should be unticked and Ve multiplier table for baro adjustment ticked is how I've been setting it up
Wade

Post by Wade »

VL400 wrote:The logged injector BPW is the required fuel amount in the pulse, the actual pulse width to the injector is opening time + BPW. But with large injectors its important to get the single and double fire setup properly.

More vacuum should be lower fuel pressure, higher load/MAP a higher fuel pressure. Giving it a rev will make the fuel pressure vary a bit and would be hard to correlate to MAP.

Also in the log you posted sometime back in this thread, DE is still active and is likely your lean spike on closing the throttle - its not a bad thing. Watch the item in thhhe log "Decel Enleanment Applied to BPW".

Change the item in your bin "Decel Enleanment Param - DE delta throttle angle threshold" to 0.02 and it will stop DE kicking in so much at cruise (as the TPS flickers between values).

Make sure the option flag "Map x: set=Update Baro During Run, clear=Only Update Baro When Engine Off" is clear. Your baro is maxed out.
it was the msd 2 bar map sensor that wasn't working. I changed it to a new wells 2 bar map sensor and it's now reading like it should
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Wade wrote:It likes to idle around 50kpa at around 26deg of timing. I'll set the single fire like I think the way you suggested 2.0 an 2.2. I'll have to look into why the update during run isn't working. I untucked that and ticked the ve multiplayer one
Good find on the map sensor. No hope of anything good with a dud.

You may find it likes less timing at idle now. Are you targeting idle timing to where it pulls the most vac or close to?
Wade

Post by Wade »

Yeah it seems to like 26deg at idle I'll get 50kpa but if I put more timing into it, it doesn't do anything until I get upto around 29deg. So I've just set it at 26
Wade

Post by Wade »

ive got a little bit still to do on the car over xmas. after xmas I'm sending the injectors off to the1 to get new data generated. than ill be organising to come in an see you. this is the bin ive got so far. it allows me to at least move the car in an out of the garage when I need too.
Attachments
idle log.xdl
(101.5 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
OSE_$12PV112_2BAR - Petrol with VECalc.adx
(84.81 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
OSE12P V112 - 1,2 and 3 bar.xdf
(406.8 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
12p 304 284 turbo.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 236 times