Post by Wade »

heres the log
Attachments
12PLOG2.xdl
(322.12 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Holden202T

Re: Target afr vs Wideband afr?

Post by Holden202T »

as best I can see from that as you shut the throttle its going from 40kpas to low 30's sometimes even into the 20's and it looks like the current VE is going from 68 down to 55ish .... that might be part of the issue but its hard to say, it also looks like the wideband is slightly behind in its readings too, like the lean spike is a good second behind the throttle shut, so is the rich spike on applying the throttle.... not sure where your wideband is located, but it could make it hard to narrow down the issue.....

it doesn't look too bad generally though, a few lean spots low revs around the 50-70kpa area, but above 70kpa it comes back to rich

out of interest is the narrowband o2 a simulated one or real one ?
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Nuh I didn't end up simulating it. Just welded 2 bungs. The Wideband may need to be moved closer.
Wade

Post by Wade »

The o2 sensors are up the back cause read some where having them too close to the turbo is bad. You can also see my intake air temp sensor is in the throttle body elbow. I'd like to move it to where it was from factory and while the intake is off I'll fit the roller rockers. I plumbed the vacuum signals in up the back of the throttle body elbow as well. I'd like to bring them around and up closer to the throttle body. There a divider at the base of the elbow to direct airflow, so the vacuum lines would only be seeing half what they should be I'd say. Also with that log I'm pretty sure I was clicking it straight to nutural as I was coming to a stop.
Attachments
IMG_9492.JPG
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that's probably not too back then
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Hard to say for sure but it looks like your wideband is shrouding the narrow band...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah you have to be carefull of mounting them close together as the exhaust can swirl around behind the sensor tip and cause eddys of bad flow
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Wade

Post by Wade »

Thanks guys I'll look into moving them. I think it's time that both the o2 sensors are replaced any way. God knows how old the narrow band is. I've still got a fair bit to do on the car and a few things with it I'm not happy with.
Wade

Post by Wade »

I was just doing some more idle fine tuning and notice the actual Wideband gauge compared to the Wideband reading in tunerpro is out. At around 14:1 on the gauge it's 15:1 in tunerpro
Wade

Post by Wade »

Which is the better Wideband set up the lc1 or lm1